PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installer?

Gryfen
January 13th, 2009, 22:31
Is there a problem with the installer, I just tried to re-install FG2 on my comp with my key and all i get is the updater... am I doing something wrong or is it an issue with the installer?

Griogre
January 14th, 2009, 01:35
I'm not entirely sure you have a problem. Since FG2, the installer just pretty much just sets up the online installer. The online updater does most of the actually installing. Does the updater not work?

Gryfen
January 14th, 2009, 01:45
It starts up... Opens a window ... fantasy grounds updater... Then gives a message ...

Getting package listing
Done

And sits there... does nothing else.

Griogre
January 14th, 2009, 01:53
After you click done can you use the "Host a Game as a Gamemaster" if you have the full version or "Join a Game as a Player" buttons?

In the top right of the splash screen does it say v.2.3.6? Or are you not getting the splash screen?

Gryfen
January 14th, 2009, 03:29
There is no splash screen... just the updater window.

Gryfen
January 14th, 2009, 03:42
This is the window that opens up... and thats all.

scotto
January 15th, 2009, 02:31
Having the same problem. Hadn't used FGII in a while, but was firing it up for a game this week and the rulesets didn't show up, so I did a reinstall. Ever since...I'm seeing the same thing as Gryfen.

In the FGII root directory, the Updater program and main program appear to be the same file--both 152 kB files from 4/4/07 at 1:34 pm.

scotto
January 15th, 2009, 03:27
OK...my apologies. The solution to the problem was nicely described in the sticky above (Updater problems (no packages found)).

Need to look more carefully before I post...

Gryfen
January 15th, 2009, 03:47
I just saw the Sticky post as well... and it fixed my problem too ( Forgot the dashes) Funny thing is.. I tried reinstalling with random numbers and got an "Invalid Key " error message... So i figured that wasnt the problem. ah well... No big deal works now... Thanks.

Griogre
January 15th, 2009, 07:40
Glad you both got it working. :)