PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Community

unerwünscht
January 10th, 2009, 23:21
We are in the final stages of building a fully featured community site for gamers and gaming, and at this point would like to recruit someone to represent the Fantasy Grounds community on our site.

Anyone want to volunteer for this or have any suggestions as to whom we should attempt to recruit?

We would also like to get someone who is officially attached to Smite Works as a Representative on the site as well, but feel its best if Smite Works employee represents the Company, and a non Smite Works employee represents the community as a whole.

Sakusammakko
January 11th, 2009, 14:52
What a timely message.

This weekend I was thinking about how important this kind of role would be to build the community. Can you tell us more about the responsibilities and time commitments?

unerwünscht
January 11th, 2009, 18:02
As with most community/social networking sites ours has a group function. Tho on our site the groups can be almost completely automated. It would maybe take 20 minutes to create a personal account/profile, and then create a group profile for Fantasy Grounds. I would honestly do it myself, but if you look over my posts in the past, I am certainly not the person to represent the community here.

Beyond that it shouldn't take more than a few minutes a week to maintain the group. Mostly just pointing people here when they ask questions like "So what is this Fantasy Grounds thing anyways?" and deleting pictures from the gallery when someone decides to upload something "offensive", but the staff at Trinity Intrigue will probably beet you to that one.

Oberoten
January 11th, 2009, 21:55
Well it does sound interesting. Admittedly as for deleting things offensive? I am Swedish and I'd probably have a WAY wide marging for that. ;)

- Obe

unerwünscht
January 12th, 2009, 00:26
The site is in full open beta at this point. Just be warned that as it is in beta things may run a bit slow, and features may come and go. But anyone wanting to check it out can find it located at GamingArmy (https://www.gamingarmy.com).

CaribbeanGamer
January 12th, 2009, 03:03
I just signed up. It needs more to set it apart from the other social networking sites (ie Facebook/Myspace).

Just off the top of my head, there's no "games I play" section (which I would think is a no brainer)

unerwünscht
January 12th, 2009, 04:57
I completely understand your point, and agree there should be an option for that in the user profiles. I will forward your suggestion on to the dev department. However, you will get better results by posting about it on the sites forum. the devs actually check the forums there :-). Not to mentions they can engage in conversation with you about it there, and have better chances of getting it set up in a way you find functional.

CaribbeanGamer
January 12th, 2009, 17:11
Good times, just offering suggestions. I think it's a great concept.