PDA

View Full Version : I dont have d20 rulset

mherceg
January 8th, 2009, 13:45
Hi,
when I install FG II (lite license), I can only choose Foundation ruleset, because there is not d20 as an option.
We have purchased our licenses 3 months ago, and on this computer it doesn't work.
Any solutions?
--
Matija

mherceg
January 8th, 2009, 13:50
Ok, I've found the similar post. Sorry.

--
Matija

nlg2
January 12th, 2009, 15:46
What i need to do ?????

Oberoten
January 12th, 2009, 22:28
The problem is based in the fact that WOTC pulled the D20 license. Hence, no more D20 ruleset. Instead the 3.5E Extension ruleset is supplied for use with the Foundation ruleset.

- Obe

Ged
January 14th, 2009, 20:48
The d20 ruleset is not supported anymore but it is made temporarily available in the downloads section (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/).

There are two things that determine the duration the d20 ruleset remains there: when the "local mode" can utilize extensions (making the foundation + 3.5E extension equivalent of the d20 ruleset) the d20 ruleset becomes completely obsolete, and when Wizards of the Coast announce that the d20 System Trademark License has been cancelled, our right to distribute the ruleset ends.

Last year there were a couple of blog and forum posts by WotC spokesmen that the d20 license would be revoked in the beginning of 2009, but it does not seem to be the case yet, thus the continuation of the d20 ruleset. But as I said in the beginning, it is not supported anymore; all further improvements on 3.5E will be done in the foundation ruleset and the 3.5E extension.