PDA

View Full Version : v2.3.6 Problems

Tenser
January 4th, 2009, 22:33
I upgraded to version 2.3.6 today and started a new campaign using the 'foundation' ruleset (FG2 full version running on XP). I have some issues:

1)When I create a new character, the character sheet only allows a name to be input and the rest of it is blank.
2) When I pull up the '3.5 Monsters' reference book I can't get any of the monster links to open so I can see the stat blocks.
3) There is no icon for 'personalities' or 'items' like there was in previous versions.

I loaded up an existing campaign using the 'd20 ruleset' and it seems to work fine with none of the issues I'm having with the 'foundation' ruleset.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Spyke
January 4th, 2009, 22:45
Make sure that you have put a checkmark against the 3.5E extension when you start a campaign with the Foundation ruleset.

Spyke

Oberoten
January 4th, 2009, 22:46
When you choose to start the campaign there is a list of extensions in the middle of the window. Check the D20 Character Sheet one.

- Obe

Tenser
January 4th, 2009, 23:09
Ok, I saw the extension there but it didn't occur to me that it would need to be checked. I can see once you have more extensions available how that would be useful.

Anyway, I checked it and everything seems to work fine with creating a new 'foundation' ruleset campaign.

Sorontar
January 5th, 2009, 15:26
Just looked at this and I don't get a list of extensions when I create a new foundation campaign :(

Have I missed something?

Oberoten
January 5th, 2009, 15:47
You get the list when you have allready created the campaign and is trying to start it.

(( Or you might have to edit the 3.5 module to get it to work, I just removed the whole ruleset requirement from it. ))

- Obe

Spyke
January 17th, 2009, 13:19
I can't see that this has been posted elsewhere, so I'll pop it in here.

Now that the D&D functionality has been moved to the 3.5 extension it's much more likely that users will want more than one extension active at a time (e.g. when loading a skin with 3.5E).

Now, if, say, a skin extension loads before a rules extension then any graphics included with the rules extension would overwrite those in the skin.

If no dependencies are set in the extension it looks as though they load in order of filename. Oddly, though, the extensions seem to be sorted alphabetically by name then in decreasing number order (see attached image).

We can set dependencies to force one extension to load after another, and multiple dependencies are allowed, but when you do this all named extensions are required. So for example, in the properties element of extension.xml you could add:

<dependency>
<name>3.5E</name>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<name>GURPS</name>
</dependency>However, this would mean that both the 3.5E and GURPS extensions would be required, not that the new extension would work with either.

It looks as though we need something like a <loadlast /> tag for the properties element.

At the moment the workaround to make our skins work with any extension would be to begin their names with a 1.

Spyke

PS: GURPS is just an example here. I haven't yet converted the ruleset to an extension.

PrahvianMan
March 16th, 2009, 22:45
Ok, I saw the extension there but it didn't occur to me that it would need to be checked. I can see once you have more extensions available how that would be useful.

Anyway, I checked it and everything seems to work fine with creating a new 'foundation' ruleset campaign.

Glory be I have been having the same problem and all I had to do was check the 3.5e box. Well, when looking at it, it doesn't even look like a checkbox so I didn't guess it needed to be checked. It just looks like a large square list item. I checked it and now everything works. (By the way, it is hard to tell whether it is checked or unchecked. Needs some graphic work so you can tell it is a box and which state it is in.)

What a simple solution. Thanks everyone.