PDA

View Full Version : FoF problem with d20_JPG

arnon
January 4th, 2009, 11:20
Hi people and moon_wizard in particular,

First, this is a great ruleset so thanks!

Second: whenever I drag a PC character to the ruleset i get this error message:

Script Error: [string "scripts/combattracker.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'setSourceValue' (a nil value)

I tracked it down to the "FoF" line in combattracker.lua so i tried adding "good" or "evil" to the PC sheet but I still get the error.

Anybody else has this problem? Solved it?

Thanks,
arnon

arnon
January 5th, 2009, 14:52
So... no one else has this problem?

Then perhaps I messed with something that I shouldn't have... hmmm... :confused:

Tenian
January 5th, 2009, 15:46
Quoting the classic mantra of team programming:

You touched it last, you own it

:)

I recommend trying an install of the ruleset directly from moon_wizard's distribution and seeing if the error occurs. If it doesn't then it's most likely something you changed.

That particular error looks like an attempt to call a non-existent function (setSourceValue). The function should probably be located in that LUA file or perhaps a manager LUA file. It's possible you inadvertently removed/renamed this function while making changes. Or perhaps you cut and pasted code from one LUA file to another.

I haven't had any issues appear in the 4E_JPG ruleset since upgrading to 2.3.6.

arnon
January 5th, 2009, 16:17
Well I have not touched those specific files.

I still get the error on a fresh install...

Tenser
January 5th, 2009, 20:16
Hi people and moon_wizard in particular,

First, this is a great ruleset so thanks!

Second: whenever I drag a PC character to the ruleset i get this error message:

I tracked it down to the "FoF" line in combattracker.lua so i tried adding "good" or "evil" to the PC sheet but I still get the error.

Anybody else has this problem? Solved it?

Thanks,
arnon

I have the same error when dragging a PC to the combat tracker, but I just close it and ignore it since the only thing that seems to be missing is the character's portrait in the combat tracker.

However, I would like to see a fix.

arnon
January 5th, 2009, 22:16
You are correct that it's only a bother because the console screen pops up, but it's still a small bother.

the only thing that seems to be missing is the character's portrait in the combat tracker.
That's something else. You need to drag the character protrait to the combat icon field next to the character's description (name, age, etc.) right where the d20 logo was.

Tenian
January 6th, 2009, 01:47
Well in the 4E_JPG ruleset:

utility_combattracker.xml contains a windowclass named combattracker_entry. This windowclass contains a a control named friendfoe. This uses the iconcycler template.

In the scripts directory is template_iconcycler.lua. This contains the setSourceValue function:

function setSourceValue(srcval)
srcnode.setValue(srcval);
end

Assuming d20_JPG uses a similar structure, you would just have to add that code block to the iconcycler template file.

arnon
January 6th, 2009, 10:53
Apparently it's a bit different Tenian ... But thanks..

Tenian
January 6th, 2009, 11:34
It shouldn't be that hard to locate. The function itself is pretty trivial

Tenser
January 8th, 2009, 02:42
I looked around a bit also Tenian and couldn't find where it was. There is no template_iconcycler.lua file and I tried looking in files where I thought it may be and no luck. I'm pretty much a beginner at xml though.

Tenser
January 17th, 2009, 17:10
As posted by silvan a user on the FUM site, here is the fix:

Change line 97 in combattracker.lua to:

newentry.friendfoe.setState("friend");

arnon
January 18th, 2009, 07:54
Cool, I didn't get to try and "mess" with it in a while.

Thanks,

Blue Haven
January 18th, 2009, 22:30
Hey Arnon :D do you have news for the Midnight Ruleset??

arnon
January 19th, 2009, 07:41
Hey Blue Haven

The Midnight Ruleset is alive and well and being used. Since I "discovered" the d20_JPG ruleset i just took it and modified the tabletop a bit, added a Heroic Path field, and Spell Energy fields to both mini sheet and main sheet (which i can't link for some reason)... ohh and since i don't use experience i removed that and placed a field for Fate Points instead.

Blue Haven
January 19th, 2009, 15:52
Can you send me the ruleset with the modifications that you made...?
Thanks and nice work ;)