PDA

View Full Version : FGII v2.3.6 & CSRD Compatibility Question

afd1366
January 2nd, 2009, 23:46
I have just updated my full license to the v. 2.3.6 foundation ruleset and 3.5E extension, but now have a question:

What must I do to use my previously-purchased Complete SRD modules in conjunction with this ruleset (or is that even possible)?

I see that all previous d20 and CSRD modules are still in my FGII modules folder along with the new 3.5E basic rules. However, when I launch a test campaign to experiment with the new updates, I find only the 3.5 extension modules are available.

Thanks,

Doug

afd1366
January 4th, 2009, 03:16
I figured it out with a little help from some friends in another thread:

Change the ruleset in each CSRD module's definition.xml from "d20" to "foundation" and they load up when you launch a campaign in FGII using the foundation ruleset and 3.5E extension.

Phystus
January 4th, 2009, 04:56
Glad it worked for you!

Placebo
January 4th, 2009, 15:22
Can you explain me how to do that?
Thanks

Phystus
January 4th, 2009, 18:38
Sure.

Rename the module from whatever.mod to whatever.zip. Unzip it.
Open definition.xml using Wordpad or Notepad.
You'll see a line in it like this:

<ruleset>d20</ruleset>

Change it to this:

<ruleset>foundation</ruleset>

Save definition.xml. Then re-zip all the files and folders that were in the original .mod file.
Rename it back to whatever.mod.

Note that the OP didn't ever specify whether what worked was "foundation" or "Foundation", so it may take two tries...

Hope that helps.

~P

afd1366
January 4th, 2009, 19:06
It's "foundation" with a lower-case "f".

Sorontar
January 4th, 2009, 19:33
Also not sure but you may be able to add rather than replace so you have multiple lines

<ruleset>d20</ruleset>
<ruleset>foundation</ruleset>

so the module can be viewed by both.

afd1366
January 4th, 2009, 20:35
Hmmm. Haven't tried that. I simply copied the d20 CSRD modules into an archive folder I keep for FG-related stuff that doesn't have a place in the Apps Data folder and then redesignated the ruleset for the original CSRD modules in the Modules directory as as foundation using WinRAR. That way, I could just reverse them in the Modules directory with a quick double copy and paste if I ever had to.

I'm kinda beholden to the new ruleset as four of my five prospective players (son's friends) haven't bought the Lite License yet and won't have access to the d20 ruleset when they do.

I just hope the modified CSRD modules work in Local Mode when SW updates the foundation/3.5 ruleset to support local mode character generation. As it stands now, they don't appear in the Local Mode setting of the new ruleset.

Placebo
January 5th, 2009, 22:59
Thank you so much :)

Bidmaron
March 22nd, 2009, 23:36
On a related note, the CSRD documentation says it won't work with the Lite edition. What is the reason for that technically? If players install the CSRD on their own light edition why won't it work?

Griogre
March 23rd, 2009, 10:45
Are you sure on the docs for the CSRD? That is/was one of the few DA products that were client modules so everyone needed to buy them. Client modules would work on lite versions unless they were strangely built. Granted I bought mine a long time ago, so there may be something new.