PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.3.6)

Goblin-King
January 2nd, 2009, 14:16
Version 2.3.6

Fixed a bug affecting self references in windowclasses inheriting script interfaces. Defining window classes inheriting scripts from other window classes now works correctly.
Added an onDrop handler to token instances, allowing for scripted events to fire when something is dropped on a token.
Fixed a bug causing invalid output when using the /act slash command as a player
Fixed a bug focusing the display of text away from the cursor when entering long text contents in the chat entry area or string controls
When windows are opened, the application now makes sure the center point of the window is within the visible boundaries of the desktop in order to prevent windows getting lost when resizing the application window.Please also note that from this version, the d20 ruleset will no longer be supported in its earlier form, and is now available as the foundation ruleset and the 3.5E extension. See the City Hall for more information.

afd1366
January 2nd, 2009, 16:13
I have just updated my full license to the v. 2.3.6 foundation ruleset and 3.5E extension, but now have a question:

What must I do to use my previously-purchased Complete SRD modules in conjunction with this ruleset (or is that even possible)?

I see that all previous d20 and CSRD modules are still in my FGII modules folder along with the new 3.5E basic rules.

Thanks,

Doug

I have repeated this post in the Armory, so (Administrators), feel free to delete it if necessary.

unerwünscht
January 2nd, 2009, 18:06
Could we get more information on "Added an onDrop handler to token instances, allowing for scripted events to fire when something is dropped on a token."

Does that mean that if someone were so motivated they could create more than one image of each token and the write a script that when someone rolled their dice off chat and the dice happened to hit a token the image could update to a token that has been knocked down?

Oberoten
January 2nd, 2009, 18:30
Local mode support of 3.5 is broken on both light and full version since neither supports extensions.

- Obe

Oberoten
January 2nd, 2009, 18:31
Could we get more information on "Added an onDrop handler to token instances, allowing for scripted events to fire when something is dropped on a token."

Does that mean that if someone were so motivated they could create more than one image of each token and the write a script that when someone rolled their dice off chat and the dice happened to hit a token the image could update to a token that has been knocked down?

Or even better, drop damage directly on token, have damage handling exchange to wounded and then dying tokens... :)

Blue Haven
January 2nd, 2009, 19:13
that would be wonderful :) tokens that die lol that would be very cool...

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2009, 22:07
A question and a follow-up to the token-changing discussion:

First, where can I see the files used in the foundation ruleset that is added when FG2 updates? There was a d20unpak program to see the files before.

Second, on the token-changing, I think a better approach that I've seen used in other tabletops is to instead add graphical overlay support. This will allow you to do things like: Add blood splotches or a skull and crossbones when a token is wounded or killed; Add a small icon to the corner of the token when cursed or marked; and I'm sure many other ideas that will come out of this ability.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2009, 22:30
One more question, I tried adding an onDrop handler to tokeninstances. It does not kick any errors when I assign the callback, but my function is apparently not firing (only action is to display a chat message). I tried dropping dice and numbers on a token.

Is there an example, or some documentation on this one?

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't have the combat tracker open, so the tokeninstance references hadn't been created yet.

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
January 6th, 2009, 01:49
Oh... sorry everyone, I did not mean to imply that what was said in my post can actually be done, it was more of a question of what can actually be done with this new feature.

My comment was in reference to a long standing joke in my group, we are notorious for knocking miniatures over in our table top games.

Oberoten
January 6th, 2009, 08:20
In our face to face games this is automated ... I have two curious cats.

- Obe

Blue Haven
January 6th, 2009, 11:28
Lolol i have a mad cat too :) and she always had problems with my minis lolol

Goblin-King
January 7th, 2009, 07:59
First, where can I see the files used in the foundation ruleset that is added when FG2 updates? There was a d20unpak program to see the files before.

There is the SVN. It provides better tracking control than could be available anywhere else. The update logs will give you lists of changes.

This first update was naturally different, as the entire thing has changed to some extent.

Second, on the token-changing, I think a better approach that I've seen used in other tabletops is to instead add graphical overlay support. This will allow you to do things like: Add blood splotches or a skull and crossbones when a token is wounded or killed; Add a small icon to the corner of the token when cursed or marked; and I'm sure many other ideas that will come out of this ability.

Something that I've had in the back of my head for a while would be token linking. You could add a token that would be subservient to a parent token by default, i.e. dragging it would move the parent and it would follow it in the draw order. This would allow more sophisticated stuff than just simple overlays, such as rotating tank turrets and so on. I've also wanted more hours in the day for a long time now...

Tenian
January 7th, 2009, 13:40
That is a pretty awesome idea if you ever find the time for it, either option would be great.

Illrigger
January 7th, 2009, 16:08
I've also wanted more hours in the day for a long time now... You can always try running west really, really fast.

DNH
January 7th, 2009, 16:28
Tero lives in Finland. At this time of the year, he really should be moving south if he wants more hours of daylight. Or he could wait until summer and move north and have more hours of daylight than is probably healthy for most of us.

Tenian
January 7th, 2009, 17:17
He could build a cool heliostationary coding platform and have nothing but sunlight.

Ged
January 8th, 2009, 21:20
What must I do to use my previously-purchased Complete SRD modules in conjunction with this ruleset (or is that even possible)?

I see that all previous d20 and CSRD modules are still in my FGII modules folder along with the new 3.5E basic rules.

One of the easiest ways would be to add

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>
to, for instance, the extension.xml inside foundation-3.5E.ext somewhere between the <base> </base> tags. That makes all d20 compatible modules usable by the 3.5E extension. Actually, this was supposed to be in the 3.5E extension to begin with.

Dachannien
January 9th, 2009, 00:48
Something that I've had in the back of my head for a while would be token linking. You could add a token that would be subservient to a parent token by default, i.e. dragging it would move the parent and it would follow it in the draw order. This would allow more sophisticated stuff than just simple overlays, such as rotating tank turrets and so on. I've also wanted more hours in the day for a long time now...

Could you do this so that the subservient token would not be movable by itself, but instead, you could only move it by moving the parent token?

The reason I ask is because it would let us link translucent light source tokens (or area-effect spell tokens) to normal tokens, and then those tokens (1) would move with the parent token and (2) wouldn't get in the way of picking up other tokens.

Actually, it might also be nice if we could also set the z-order of the subservient tokens to be below (or above) all the non-subservient tokens.

zabulus
January 9th, 2009, 15:04
Ohhhhh, movable light tokens! I'm getting SO sick of having to drag the light radius behind the party *grin*

Ged
January 11th, 2009, 21:42
One thing was left out of Goblin-King's update message as well as from the patch notes: the 3.5E ruleset now contains a new button called Combats. In there you can create parties of monsters and NPCs (create new entries from the menu or drag & drop monsters/personalities).

The good old combat tracker now has two tabs, Init and Groups. The Combats can be dragged to Groups and groups can be disabled and enabled from the init tracker using the togglable symbol in front of the Group's name. If there are no groups, the combat tracker works as it has and also, the Init page is the Default group. (Thus, if you don't feel like using the new feature, everything works as it has before.)

This new functionality is thus very directly usable to save encounters. It can also be used to make "compound encounters" of type "roll three times in this table" where each roll summons a bunch of monsters or people. Just drag the "party of orcs", "three goblins" and "goblin archers" to the Groups page and they will populate the combat tracker.

Oberoten
January 11th, 2009, 23:03
Heh... Much like I expected but I never got it to work without the explanation. I'll steal this to the FG-Wiki if you don't mind.

- Obe

Ged
January 12th, 2009, 05:20
I'll steal this to the FG-Wiki if you don't mind.
Sure, go ahead :)