PDA

View Full Version : d6 Fantasy by West End Games

Viriatha
December 31st, 2008, 02:03
I tried searching for it but the words d6 and fantasy are just too common and I have no luck even when adding the word "ruleset". Is there a directory I can look in or does anyone know if a ruleset has been created for this system?

Alternatively, I noticed that the d20 character sheet had a notes section in the back. If I can get a character sheet to go with d20 that's nothing but 6 pages of that, it might work. Yes, I'm new. Yes, I'm clueless.

Appreciate any help.

Oberoten
December 31st, 2008, 02:42
May I suggest a peek at https://oberoten.mine.nu/FGwiki

There is a section dedicated to rulesets and we have a few options for you there, the generic set would do what you just described and there are a few others that might be useful to dissect a bit if you want to start your own. :)

- Obe

Viriatha
December 31st, 2008, 04:59
oh that is perfect, thank you! Someone should sticky that somewhere!

Viriatha
December 31st, 2008, 05:29
Ok, I'm trying to install this generic set and found a problem already.

In the readme.txt file included with the set it says to:

- Run the unpacker utility (C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds II\d20unpak.exe). This should create the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\*YourUserName*\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\examples\rulesets\d20

Problem is: I have no d20unpak.exe file anywhere.... Help?

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I forgot I have 2 licenses running on this computer and looked in the wrong folder... found it.

Oberoten
December 31st, 2008, 09:28
In the Fantasy Grounds II item on the start menu, go to the Application Data folder, you don't need to unpack D20 first.

Go to rulesets, and put the base folder of the generic ruleset there.

- Obe