PDA

View Full Version : Help with Charsheet

Alanrockid
December 29th, 2008, 07:13
So... i have made this ruleset for FG I. Now i want to do the same with FG II but i'm lost with the codes... i just can't find out how to edit a charsheet... i mean... in FG I the charsheet was a PNG image in adition to the codes, so i could edit the image and make the adjustments to the codes. In FG II i just can't find the images... so, if anyone can help me with that i would be extremely grateful. :)

PS: Sorry any language issues... I'm from Brazil

EugeneZ
December 29th, 2008, 19:51
Instead of images, the character sheets are XML files. The contents of the XML files describe the windows and controls that are part of the character sheet. To modify a character sheet, I believe you'd need to modify the XML in order to get the appearance to change, and modify the LUA to get the functionality to change.

Alanrockid
December 30th, 2008, 03:45
I'm not getting it. How could i modify appearance without any image? I see a lot of custom made rulesets, like the new WoD ruleset (Great Stuff, by the way :D) that use graphical elements like images... so...how could i do the same? I searched the xml files for any reference of images in charsheet but found nothing. Help me, please, i'm frustrated here... :P

Oberoten
December 30th, 2008, 09:36
Go look in the application data folder for the rulesets/<ruleset>/frames folder that is where all the graphics for character sheets are.

Foen
December 30th, 2008, 15:56
The XML makes reference to frames (by name, such as <frame>myframe</frame>) and the file graphics_frames.xml defines the names by referencing the PNG images. You can just change the images in the frames folder, or you can add *new* definitions to graphics_frames.xml and then use them in your character sheet etc.

Hope that helps

Foen

zabulus
December 31st, 2008, 10:10
*wonder* Are things like this on the wiki? Or is the wiki only supposed to give more advanced programming help? Information like this is something that could really help people with only a basic programming knowledge create custom character sheets and such.

Oberoten
December 31st, 2008, 10:24
Well, the Wiki is supposed to contain both, I add things as I get them pointed out but I am not to be honest the most skilled programmer out there... But I dabble my toes a bit and do my best. I'll add this information.

- Obe

Alanrockid
January 8th, 2009, 16:03
Thx for the info, it really helped. :D