PDA

View Full Version : Adding spell energy to d20_JPG

arnon
December 27th, 2008, 13:44
Hello people,

First of, i'd like to thank moon_wizard for this great Ruleset he created. After about a year of playing FG2 i found out about it and have been blown away. So thanks :)

I am using FG2 to run a Midnight game. It is d20 based with some differences most of which i've already taken care of by modifying the character sheet. I modified the base d20 ruleset that comes with FG2 and now i'm doing it to d20_JPG.

I'm stuck with adding some Spell Energy fields to the Magic mini-sheet. I've managed to add it to the Main Magic Sheet, but can't do the same to the mini (see attached image).

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/images/fbfiles/images/spell_energy.png

How could I create a "blank" field in which i'll put those same fields? It should be under the header but above the 'spells per level'...

Thanks for any help,

arnon
December 28th, 2008, 11:43
OK, so i've managed to add the fields to the mini-sheet, but can seem to link them (so that if one is changed, so will the other)...

Oh well... i might figure it out later on.

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2009, 21:03
Just make sure that the data attribute forthe minisheet fields matches the data attribute for the main sheet fields, and they should all automatically update each other.

Cheers,
JPG

arnon
January 6th, 2009, 10:59
Thanks moon_wizard,

I practically copy-pasted the entries from charsheet_spells to charsheet_minisheets. I say practically, because i did play around with their location of course.

they have the same "name", so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong...

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2009, 23:20
If you are comfortable with XML, try looking in the db.xml file for the campaign. Sometimes, if you get data in a different level of the hierarchy than you expected, which is what I think is happening here. You can set values in your existing ruleset, and see where they end up in the XML.

The spells use a multi-level hierarchy. The spell window contains a list holding class spell lists. The class spell lists contain a list holding the level spell lists. And the level spell lists contain a list holding the individual spell windows.

You have to make sure that the spell energy fields are in the same level in both sheets.

Cheers,
JPG