PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Smite Works

nezzir
December 25th, 2008, 04:40
I've been so busy lately. One of the community members helped me sort out the Combat Tracker Tools for both the Dark Heresy and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2 rulesets, so we've been testing that with a new DH campaign.

I'm also running a campaign for some buddies that I last played with when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart Ga. with them in 1983.

I'm currently in the process of helping some of my family members and friends from a town I used to live in get their computers together so they can install FG2 and begin a new D&D 3.5 edition game.

I'm also playing in a weekly D&D 4th edition campaign (which I'm loving).

As I was prepping materials and planning games tonight I found myself working so long I had to stop for a break. While I was relaxing, I started thinking about how many great games I've had using Fantasy Grounds 2.

I just wanted to pause and thank Smite Works and the awesome Fantasy Ground community for years of enjoyment and fun. It's brought distant friends back together for laughs and good times. It's an incredible tool.

Thanks all.

EugeneZ
December 25th, 2008, 05:06
Hear, hear. FG2, is the closest a far-flung group of friends can get to tabletop gaming. I'm completely surprised by how much I like this product (after using some of the other VTTs).

Thanks, SmiteWorks.

Dachannien
December 25th, 2008, 11:49
Agreed.

Also, Merry Christmas! :)

Lysander
December 25th, 2008, 16:19
I am thankful for FG II, as it is the only place I have to play Savage Worlds, my new favorite system. I can't get any of my face to face friend to play, although I continue to assault them like the surf pounds the beach. SW seems tailor made for the FG II system, especially the Fast!, Furious!, Fun! part...

:D

nezzir
December 25th, 2008, 23:23
I'm a big Savage World fan as well, though I hadn't given it any attention till I saw it on FG. I dig the Vietnam ruleset, the Aliens, and I've been working on a Fallout one for a while now. My favorite is 'Necessary Evil' though. Great premise.

D&D 4th edition runs really well on FG as well. The new system is streamlined and seems tailor made for online play (I suppose it is partially). Either way, I really like it. Turns move really fast and the community ruleset is very polished.

Back to getting bashed around by my kids on their new Wii (and mommy and daddy's new Sony Bravia!). Happy Holidays all!

Ged
December 26th, 2008, 20:04
Thank you! We try hard to improve FGII in the coming year as well, to let you enjoy the games and the being together online even more. Happy holidays and new year to all!

DMJBone
January 4th, 2009, 19:57
Been Using FGII (and FG before that) for quite awhile now-Thanks a ton guys.

Oberoten
January 4th, 2009, 21:59
I have had litterarely months of entertainment from this product. How many things do you buy that gives that much?

I joined up in May 2006... and I have used the program more or less every second day at the least together with the girlfriend when she was not with me.

I think in many ways it has saved our relation during the time it was a long-distance thing, letting us spend play-time together and talk in a more mood-set medium than MSN or AIM.

It has also spun of several side-projects for me (Got to LOVE the side-projects) like the FGWiki and several rulesets and has been useful offline as well.

To say the least I have gotten a LOT out of my 40 dollars.

- Obe