PDA

View Full Version : 404 Not Found

Foen
December 23rd, 2008, 06:59
Not sure if this belongs here or the Workshop, as I think I've only ever seen this problem with custom rulesets.

When a player connects, there are sometimes one or more of the following errors posted to the player's chat box:

Could not complete file transfer of file XXX (HTTP/1.1 404 FILE NOT FOUND). Check your network configuration.

The XXX is often a portrait/token file. Does anyone know what causes these, or how to fix them? They don't interfer with the game, but they also don't give a very good impression to players.

Stuart

Griogre
December 23rd, 2008, 08:22
Foen these errors seem to be from PC portraits or tokens. If you open a map with the PC tokens on it and you don't have all the PCs logged in you seem to get an error for each missing PC token. Even though the GM sees all the tokens on the map the Clients do not see tokens for any PC not logged in.

I presumed this was a flaw with the JPG rulesets so I never mentioned it to Smiteworks.

Foen
December 23rd, 2008, 09:15
Hmm, I get these errors when I'm running the host and client sessions on the same machine, with no other PCs created!

Edit: Yay! 1,001 posts!

zabulus
December 23rd, 2008, 17:11
Aye, this happens when you open a picture with player tokens on there while the corresponding players are not connected. This also happens in the regular D20 ruleset.

Bidmaron
December 24th, 2008, 13:58
OK, is this a feature or a bug?

Oberoten
December 24th, 2008, 18:07
Decidedly a bug.

- Obe