PDA

View Full Version : WFRP2 and DH Ruleset - now with Combat Tracker save.

nezzir
December 22nd, 2008, 14:46
Eltharyon was able to sort through the code for the WFRP2 Ruleset and get rh4300's Combat Tracker tools working. The files have been uploaded to both Azurea and my Yahoo groups. Be sure and read the readme file.

We are looking for testers to make sure everything is solid before performing a ruleset version increment. If you have a running campaign, please give it a try and let us know if everything is working OK. It should be solid, but be sure and back up your campaign just in case.

These changes have not been tested with Dark Heresy, but both rulesets share code and variable information, so it should work fine. Again, we would appreciate any test results posted here, in the Yahoo groups, or PM'd to me.

Eltharyon
December 22nd, 2008, 21:27
So did you get a chance to test it for yourself, nezzir?

nezzir
December 22nd, 2008, 22:14
So did you get a chance to test it for yourself, nezzir?

I'll probably do it this evening after work. I'm demoing FG2 for a friend this week (it's what I'm getting her for Christmas).

nezzir
December 23rd, 2008, 01:19
I've tested this pretty extensively with WFRP2. It seems to work as intended. I was able to save and load. It kept my settings between sessions. It imported the data correctly from the monster, NPC, and PC sheets.

As soon as we get a few independent tests under our belts I'll increment the rev and roll it out.

A few notes:
I've confirmed that the Sheet stats and CT stats are not linked. I think there is a 'link' statement that is missing.

The Friend/Foe indicators are hard encoded. PCs will always be friendly, NPCs and Monsters will always be hostile.

The /CTx commands do not work unless the Combat Tracker is open. I think this is normal.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Dark Heresy. There are numerous variables that are named differently and do not port to/from the CT. I may get around to correcting this if I have time, but in the meantime, do not use this update with DH.

nezzir
December 23rd, 2008, 20:01
The Dark Heresy Combat Tracker has been repaired and tested. The files can be found at the links below.

Now both WFRP2 and Dark Heresy have working Combat Tools.

Eltharyon
December 23rd, 2008, 22:49
good to hear that it works for you - and also good to hear you've managed to get it working for DH.

As for the link: I'm quite sure its possible to fix, I just wasn't bothered cause I had no need of it. Unless someone really needs it for some reason, I wouldn't bother looking at it, t o be honest.