PDA

View Full Version : Tools for Rulesets

Thyfur
December 20th, 2008, 01:57
I can across mention of Fantasy Grounds Ruleset Editor on SourceForge. The development appears to have started June 2006, but no further updates to it are list or could be found. I was wonders (as it seems to be) if it is dead, or just underground and hidden away somewhere.

Second I downloaded RuleForge the other night and have not had a chance to look it over. Is it any good (doing what it is described to do), any tricks to it, things that I might need to know before I get started with it?

Foen
December 20th, 2008, 08:09
RuleForge started as a project by DrDeth, and I worked on it a bit. We both ran out of spare time to devote to it, so DrDeth made it open source.

I haven't checked up on it for a long time, so I'm not sure how it has developed since then.

Foen

Thyfur
December 20th, 2008, 15:55
Tried playing with it last night, did not get far, but I think for what I need to do, I will have to do it by hand.

Myrddin
December 22nd, 2008, 18:07
I too downloaded RuleForge a couple of weeks back when I started playing with Fantasy Grounds for the first time. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I couldn't get it to to work as I expected it to if at all.

Anyway, I have found that Notepad, Excel (for large copy/paste and find/replace jobs) and Adobe Photoshop Elements (for icon adaptations) have worked just fine for me and I am now nearing completion of a Pendragon character sheet.

Let me know if you figure out RuleForge. Good luck!

Foen
December 22nd, 2008, 18:25
Best of luck on your Pendragon character sheet, it is certainly a game I'd be interested in.

All the best over the holiday season, and a happy 2009!

Foen