PDA

View Full Version : d20 Future Campaign

Arias
December 16th, 2008, 21:54
I'm currently putting together a far future campaign setting, and I'm curious as to how much interest there is in such a campaign. The characters are part of their governments military (soldiers, medics, field-scientists, etc), and are tasked with whatever duties they're deemed fit for.

The game will be a mix of combat and roleplaying, with creative thinking rewarded. I will be using the Digital Adventures d20 Modern Ruleset to run it.

As it stands right now, I have no set time in mind. My work schedule is on a rotation, so while some times may work one week, I might not be able to make it the next. (Though it's predictable, so I'll know ahead of time.)

While not new to FG or to D&D, I haven't had much experience with d20 Modern/Future, so I'll be learning the finer points as we go along and I invite anyone interested in learning d20 Modern/Future to join in.

If anyone is interested or has any questions, feel free to reply, and I'll do my best to answer.

cpbs
December 16th, 2008, 23:30
I am interested and know a couple of people that would be interested also.

CaribbeanGamer
December 17th, 2008, 17:23
I'm a new player to both D20 and Fantasy grounds, but I'd definitely be interested, especially if it's on a weekday.

Plissken
December 19th, 2008, 19:07
This sounds interesting. I always wanted to play modern but few people run it. Count me in.

Superbored21
December 26th, 2008, 02:03
Count me in. I just recently relocated, and need to install FG again, but I'm very interested.

Arias
December 27th, 2008, 00:38
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

A few more details for the game:
The game will be based in a primarily PL 6-7 universe, with the odd PL 8 and higher tech showing up. Players can use the d20 Modern, d20 Future, and d20 Future Tech books to create characters.
I'm thinking of allowing psionics, depending on the interest, though arcane and divine abilities will not be used.
Any other supplements might be usable, just let send me the information beforehand, and I'll see if it fits.

As for the time, Sunday nights are out, as I have prior commitments then. Other than that, I'll leave it up to the players as what time to play.
However, I'm on a rotating schedule, so I'm free any day for three weeks, and then have to work it for the next three weeks. If the game is later in the day (at or past 20:00 GMT), I'd easily be able to make it home before we start.
It's an odd schedule, but always consistent.

Let me know if you're still interested, and I'll post a story introduction when I have time.

Arias
January 2nd, 2009, 21:05
Alright, an update.

I have two people who have let me know what times and days work for them. I'm hoping for 4 players to start the game. So far it looks like a weeknight at 7 or 8pm GMT (would have to be 8pm on the weeks that I work).

I'll be gone on a business trip for this coming week, but when I get back I'll be hunkering down to finish everything to have the game ready to start.