PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding Ruleset

Foxnin
December 16th, 2008, 20:15
I know there have been a few similar posts, but none have helped me. This is my problem. I got the savageworld ruleset (and a few others)....and only "D20" is showing up. Yes i tried the putting the .mod into the mod folder. Nothing happens, well i assume its the .mod file....its the only file...you see it thinks its a winamp file for some odd reason....so do all the mod files in my mod folder. They must have suffered amnesia during the download process and winamp got a hold of them and decided to raise them as it's own....but i digress.

I have even gone so far as to try to make it into a .pak....with utter failure. I can make it show up by regediting it....but it says it can't find the base.xml i assume thats because even though i see the base.xml right in the folder its not in the .pak(becuase the .pak is fail) and thus calls me names behind my back mocking my pain and hours of work.

Anyone have any idea?

diehard
December 16th, 2008, 21:49
I know there have been a few similar posts, but none have helped me. This is my problem. I got the savageworld ruleset (and a few others)....and only "D20" is showing up. Yes i tried the putting the .mod into the mod folder. Nothing happens, well i assume its the .mod file....its the only file...you see it thinks its a winamp file for some odd reason....so do all the mod files in my mod folder. They must have suffered amnesia during the download process and winamp got a hold of them and decided to raise them as it's own....but i digress.

I have even gone so far as to try to make it into a .pak....with utter failure. I can make it show up by regediting it....but it says it can't find the base.xml i assume thats because even though i see the base.xml right in the folder its not in the .pak(becuase the .pak is fail) and thus calls me names behind my back mocking my pain and hours of work.

Anyone have any idea?

Hi i resolve the problem with this workaround only for expert or disperate person :)

prerequisites:
- download this program for work with zip file and install
es. https://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/sevenzip/7z462.exe

- download last d20_jpg version (now fg2_d20_jpg_v2.zip) and unzip in
c:\fg2_d20_jpg_v2 directory
https://www.johnandjenn.org/docs/fg2_d20_jpg_v2.zip

1) backup u original file d20.pak with copy file to FG2 directory installation
2) rename file copy d20.pak to d20.pak.orig (backup)
3) copy d20.pak another time
4) rename second "copy d20.pak" to d20_JPG.pak
5) open d20_jpg.pak with 7zip (open with...) remove all internal files with DEL (select all and del)
6) put the all contents from directory c:\fg2_d20_jpg_v2\d20_jpg\* in d20_jpg.pak opened with 7zip (drag&drop)
7) close 7zip

now u have d20_jpg.pak with the last version

now u have permit ti FG2 to see the new ruleset

Attention: this operation is only for expert and XP users :)
for Vista user back to XP :)
or open d20_jpg_v2_readme.txt and goes to "installation setup"

1) regedit
2) backup u registry with export (for problem u can restore with import)
3) goes to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\Rulesets\
4) create a new entry key "d20_JPG"
5) goes in key d20_JPG
6) create 2 new string value
"Name"="d20_JPG"
"Package"="d20_JPG.pak"
7) close regedit

now u can open FG2 and see u new ruleset d20_jpg :)

Bye

Griogre
December 17th, 2008, 02:35
Rulesets are more than just .mod files. The mod files are just referance materials or adventure modules. The actual ruleset files are in a zipped folder. For them to show up as a ruleset you need to put the ruleset folder into FG's ruleset folder. The .mod files show up as winamp files because winamp has registered that extention on your computer. On my computer they show up as Windows Media Files because thats the app that has registered that files extention. It's not important, because you never start FG with a .mod file.

With the Savage Worlds ruleset you need to put the folder that has the fonts, frames, icons, scripts, token folders in it along with another 40 or so files into the FG ruleset folder. You can find the ruleset folder by pressing the start button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data. This will pop up FG's data app folder. You should see a modules folder where you put the .mod files. You may also see a folder called rulesets. If you don't see one then make an empty one: rulesets (note the plural).

Unzip your SW ruleset. I think there are several layers of folders. Keep going down until you find the folder that has the fonts, ect folders in it. Copy this folder into the FG ruleset folder. If you need more help you should contact Digital Adventures tech support - the company that makes the ruleset.

ThunderYak
December 17th, 2008, 03:22
Also, hopefully, you bought this Savage Worlds product (https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=100) and not this one (https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=99).

Because the first one is an MOD expansion of the first version of the ruleset. It for those that had a previous version of the SW ruleset and they were not forced to purchase the entire ruleset again, just for an upgrade.

And the second is whole version of the newest ruleset, for those that are new to SW and never had a previous version.

If you bought the first one then you won't be able to play SW with just it alone.