PDA

View Full Version : Hex area effect tokens

Spyke
December 14th, 2008, 16:49
I've just made a set of three hex area effect overlays to use with GURPS, which might come in handy for some of you.

These are transparent orange vertical hex overlays for radius 2, 3 and 4 area effects. They can easily be rotated if your map uses a horizontal grid.

Spyke

Lysander
December 14th, 2008, 18:26
These are great, that's for the effort! :D

Spyke
December 14th, 2008, 18:37
Let me know what other shapes might be useful. Now I've got the templates set up I could produce them quickly.

I guess I should do some of the more obvious multi hex creature shapes, and maybe a few cones.

Here's a link to a screenshot of one in action (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=28&id=4725#4725) ;-)

Spyke

Lysander
December 16th, 2008, 01:21
A Savage Worlds Cone would be highly prized.

Any chance of Square Templates? Many of the 4e D&D powers have 3-4-5 AoE radii that could use your treatment on a 'square' template...

Tenian
December 16th, 2008, 02:43
The 4E_JPG ruleset (and probably others) will draw square areas of any size by using the right click, pointers, draw square.

Spyke
December 16th, 2008, 08:02
The 4E_JPG ruleset (and probably others) will draw square areas of any size by using the right click, pointers, draw square.Yes, I think FG supports areas on square grids pretty well with the drawing tools. You'll find it quicker to use the drawing tools than to open the token bag, find the token and scale it to the right size, I think.

It's those of us who use hexes who find it tricky. I'll have a look at cones, though.

Spyke

ChemicalAgent
December 23rd, 2008, 06:28
Whoa whoa whoa, you can get hex grids in FG!? I've been trying to do that for weeks. What's the secret?

Spyke
December 23rd, 2008, 15:35
Whoa whoa whoa, you can get hex grids in FG!? I've been trying to do that for weeks. What's the secret?I'm afraid the secret's to add them to the map image before you load it into FG. :o

Having said that, it works very well. If you're using an application like Campaign Cartographer (or any graphics package with layers) to prepare your maps it's very quick to add the hex grid.

Spyke

ChemicalAgent
December 23rd, 2008, 15:47
I'm afraid the secret's to add them to the map image before you load it into FG. :o
Spyke

Oh well. I had resorted to that awhile back, but was hoping I could make FG count the hexes for me. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Spyke
December 23rd, 2008, 15:54
I believe that hex support is on the list for future support in the program, so let's hope we see it soon. ;)

Spyke

Gogol
January 7th, 2009, 23:11
i m ok for such a feature only if the grid autoscale when we zoom in/out :)

(edit) oops i m so stupid. i just saw we can already do it. don t blame me, i m back after 2 years.
just installed FG2 which is GREAT though

thank you for this marvelous tool :)