PDA

View Full Version : Art Packs?

darkgoddessnight
December 11th, 2008, 11:51
I am just curious if anybody would be interested in art packs for fantasy grounds. I tend to make a lot of art when working on my writing as a source of inspiration and I did it even more when I was a GM for a text based MUD. And if you like the idea of art packs, what would you like to see? Weapons, armor, magical items, treasure, places, portraits, etc etc?

I would also be happy to work with people who create campaigns for fantasy grounds, as in giving a visual of what they create.

Any thoughts?

Kalaralor, player of

zabulus
December 11th, 2008, 12:20
From my time on the board, I have found people wanting token packs a lot, either player tokens or monster tokens.
When you are playing and need an "example" to show the players a sword or something, it's very easy to hop to the internet, find a pic, put it in the images directory and share it to the players, but tokens are a different beast. Token packs for "goblins" or "people" or "animals" or some such will probably always be in demand.

darkgoddessnight
December 11th, 2008, 20:23
Alright, I downloaded some tools to help create tokens. Are there any in particular that are in high demand that I should work on?

Oberoten
December 11th, 2008, 22:06
Greenskins and undead are useful for any fantasy setting. As is generic human soldiers or various uniform.

For a more modern game, nondescript clothes, suits and the occasional redneck. :)

- Obe

darkgoddessnight
December 12th, 2008, 14:36
Could you guys give me an idea of what the general size of tokens should be?

EugeneZ
December 13th, 2008, 00:58
Well, since maps in Dundjinni typically have 50x50 grids sqaures, that's a good size to start with. Still, I make my tokens at 100x100 because they continue to look nice when I zoom in. And sometimes I make smaller maps with larger squares. And 100x100 downscales to 50x50 very nicely.

Foen
December 13th, 2008, 11:45
I think the default FG token size is 30x30 (or maybe 32x32?) and you will find folks tend to choose different sizes. Err on the larger size and they can always be shrunk subsequently, whereas it is less good to scale up a small token.

Just my 2c.

Foen