PDA

View Full Version : Okay what am I missing??

irishbull44
December 10th, 2008, 03:14
Hello all. I will try to keep this brief and hope that I do not sound too silly to some of the more experienced users here on the boards. But I am growing frustrated and figured it would be easier to just ask than endlessly searching posts as I have been with no success.

Here is the deal.

I recently installed FantasyGroundsII, Full version license key, as well as the update feature just to be safe. I then installed, well attempted to install the complete SRD for FGII, as well as the module for Savage Worlds and Rippers for Savage worlds both of which were made for FGII. My problem is that I cannot find nor open the rule sets mentioned above. Every time I try to access a rule set is only shows the default d20 selection that comes with the FGII install. I have tried various ways to install the files to the correct location and that is not working. FGII has a file on my C drive but it is NOT showing a file for modules of any kind. I am not sure if this means the install did not happen correctly or if something was corrupted. It is more likely I am doing something wrong and that is why I am here to see if anyone can get me on the right track. It is probably something horribly simple that I am just not getting but it would be nice to actually use the darn application and not run around in circles trying to get it to work.

I am not a computer guru by any means but I am not a newb either and have run FG products in the past with no issues on another computer. Oh not sure that this matters but I am running Windows XP. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers, :D

EugeneZ
December 10th, 2008, 03:52
Hi. First of all, I've never purchased the rulesets you're talking about but I'm familiar with module installations so bear with me. First of all, if the files you downloaded are in an archive (zip or rar file) make sure to unpack them to. Basically you should be looking at a file ending in .mod.

Next, click Start > Programs > Fantasy Grounds 2 > Application Data Folder. In there, open the modules folder. Drop your purchased/downloaded .mod files in there. Then start FG2. Good luck!

irishbull44
December 10th, 2008, 03:56
Hi. First of all, I've never purchased the rulesets you're talking about but I'm familiar with module installations so bear with me. First of all, if the files you downloaded are in an archive (zip or rar file) make sure to unpack them to. Basically you should be looking at a file ending in .mod.

Next, click Start > Programs > Fantasy Grounds 2 > Application Data Folder. In there, open the modules folder. Drop your purchased/downloaded .mod files in there. Then start FG2. Good luck!

I got them from RPGNow.com the same place I purchased FGII. They say they are made by the same folks that make FGII so it seems they are on the up and up.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will go and give it a shot and see if it works. I will update here to share how it went.

Take care,

EugeneZ
December 10th, 2008, 04:52
Unless I am very badly misinformed, I don't think the Savage Worlds ruleset OR the complete SRD are made by Smiteworks. In fact, I think the creators of the former frequent these boards so no doubt someone will come along shortly to confirm/deny that.

Foen
December 10th, 2008, 05:36
The SW and CSRD products are made by Digital Adventures, and I think they come with a support email address ([email protected]) in case you get stuck.

Typically you will get files of two sorts: .MOD files (both products will have these) and everything else.

The .MOD files need to be placed in your modules directory (typically C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules).

The other files need their own directory (which is the same name as the ruleset) in your rulesets directory (typically C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets).

So if your ruleset is called SavageWorlds then you should have a directory called C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SavageWorlds and the ruleset should be in there as a bunch of .XML files and other sub-directories (fonts, frames, scripts etc). Please note that the ruleset name is case-sensitive.

If you get stuck, please say and/or contact Digital Adventures' support email.

Cheers

Foen

irishbull44
December 10th, 2008, 06:32
You are correct regarding the maker of the Savage Worlds set I purchased. I am sorry for my error. I guess I should pay more attention. But thank you all for your help.

I will contact the vendor for further assistance.

Take care and thank you again.