PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2nd edition player for one shot or one quest

shinoco
December 9th, 2008, 08:02
Hi. I am looking for either a one shot or single adventure. I will start any lvl. I'd really like to play Ninja, I have a Ninja's handbook. I also have PH, DMG, Monstrous Manual, and Tome of Magic. If I don't get an offer to play a Ninja in a week, I will consider other possibilities.

I prefer to not use voice chat. I can't tie up the phone line for that long and I don't like headsets. If it is absolutely necessary and I don't find a game not using it then ok I will use it.

My reason for not wanting to join a long campaign is I haven't had enough experience yet. For now I will do seperate adventures, until I feel I'm doing well enough with role playing.

I can play any time except Christmas. NYE and NY is not a problem, I don't party. I am GMT -05:00 which is eastern time USA.

shinoco
December 17th, 2008, 09:36
I am now willing to play any class.

Sakusammakko
January 9th, 2009, 07:15
Hi!

I hope you've found the game you were looking for. If not, we may be able to offer you something.

We play Castles & Crusades, which some people think has some of the flavor of AD&D and 2e. I can't judge, but it probably has more in common with those games than with 3e.

In any event, our group is always open to people who like to get into character and role play (via text, not voice). There may be an opportunity soon to join our party for one adventure. I think the group would like a longer commitment, but I say you don't know if a gaming group is right for you until you try it.

We play on Saturday night 8pm EST. Send me a PM if you're interested and I can send more details.

In any event, enjoy your gaming!

Highway Man
January 9th, 2009, 19:58
Bah! We’re too friendly not to be the right kind of group for folks! :D

Anyway, I can say that Castles & Crusades is more like old school D&D then 3e or 4e could ever be since I used to play D&D and AD&D. Castles & Crusades is a good game and pretty rules light.

So you should come check it out at least once if you liked AD&D.

shinoco
January 18th, 2009, 05:53
I am still looking for a 2nd edition opportunity.

Sorry I'm not looking to learn a new system unless I don't get any offers.