PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Started

George Loken
December 4th, 2008, 19:17
I am attempting to create my own ruleset so far so good I can modify exisiting stats/forms and skills. Today I tried to creat my own new form so I tried to start with something basic. I made a file called test.xml and saved it in my custom ruleset project folder. It contained

<windowclass name="test1">
<frame>storybox</frame>
<placement>
<size>
<width>250</width>
<height>306</height>
</size>
</placement>
<sizelimits>
<dynamic />
</sizelimits>
<minimize>minimized_note</minimize>
<playercontrol />
<sharable />
<tooltip>
<field>name</field>
</tooltip>
<sheetdata>
<windowreferencecontrol>
<bounds>15,11,20,20</bounds>
<icon>
<normal>button_openwindow</normal>
<pressed>button_emptytarget</pressed>
</icon>
<class>note</class>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</windowreferencecontrol>
<stringfield name="name">
<bounds>40,13,-15,20</bounds>
<empty>&#171; New Note &#187;</empty>
<font>sheettext</font>
<nodrag />
<nodragselect />
</stringfield>
<stringfield name="text">
<bounds>10,40,-15,-15</bounds>
<multilinespacing>18</multilinespacing>
<font>sheettext</font>
</stringfield>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

I added this line
<includefile source="test.xml" />
to base.xml (not sure if this step was needed).

any how when I try and up my custom form using /openwindow test1 from the command line nothing happens not even an error or anything. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

PneumaPilot
December 4th, 2008, 19:35
Do you need <root> tags around it? I'm not really sure because I've always just cleaned out old sheets to make new ones, but all of mine seem to have <root>.

George Loken
December 4th, 2008, 19:42
It dosnt make a lot of sence to me (still have lots to learn) but that fixed it right up thank you very much.

EugeneZ
December 4th, 2008, 21:18
It dosnt make a lot of sence to me (still have lots to learn) but that fixed it right up thank you very much.
I've never developed FG2 rulesets so forgive me if this is wrong, but I work with XML for a living, so most likely the root node is an anchor that the program uses to find children (such as your windowclass). It's kind of like a book without a binding/cover. In such a book, its harder to figure out what's going on inside, even though its right in front of you. Is it right side up? Front? Back? Hard to tell without examining the content, especially if you can't read English. The root node works the same way, in the sense that it acts as a cover for the rest of your XML, giving the software a place to look for some basic information.