PDA

View Full Version : Window reference question

meathome
December 4th, 2008, 11:09
Ok my next goal would be to have a list where each item has a windowreference to an npc windowclass (the one used in the personalities part) and to store the info in the given npc window in each character. I dont need to be able to drag personalities from the personalities window to it but it would be great if that worked to.

My problem is that if i drag an npc on it it appears ok, but the client doesnt see the personality. If i set a recordsource inside the character sheet open this link from the woindowreference and enter data into this, then this data is not saved.

Or does someone have another suggestion for archieving something similar?
In essence the character can have a number of summons (they are semi permanent and can in cases advance with the character). I want an easy way to store the summons of a player . The basic idea was to have a list with the names of the creatures and a button that opens an npc sheet for them. Te char needs to be able to see the stats of the creature. It would be great if the host could drag an npc from the personalities window onto the list. And in the future drag the creature from the charactersheet to the combattracker.

So how would i go about this?
ps: sorry for asking so many questions

Foen
December 4th, 2008, 19:54
I think what you need is to copy the NPC data from the source (personalities or monster module) to the character's entry in db.xml. The character sheet would only display part of the data (say the name), but include a window reference control that opens the NPC sheet.

The biggest challenge is getting the NPC data to copy across when you drag and drop, displaying it thereafter (and allowing it to be put on the combat tracker) is more straightforward.

Your current approach sounds like it is copying the reference to the NPC rather than copying the underlying data.

Foen