PDA

View Full Version : Starting 3.5 D&D Campaign

EKLEN
December 2nd, 2008, 21:23
have enough players but have no problem with alternates when some players are not available, check out a "place for death" in the calander

ozziewolf
December 2nd, 2008, 21:48
I'm interested in playing if it can be done on a Wednesday or Thursday night. I'm in the East Coast and can play any time between 5:30pm and 11pm EST. (I could go a little beyond 11 if necessary.)

I'd probably play a Halfling Rogue or something similar to that.

I admit I don't have a lot of experience in 3.5 D&D. I did some low level campaigns and have extensive knowledge with NWN 1 and 2 which are based off of the 3.5 rules and are very similar so hopefully that's not a problem.
I know most of the rules for 3.5 I just don't know all of the obscure rules like I do with 4E.

EKLEN
December 2nd, 2008, 22:18
Cool I am also on the east coast and should be able to play at those times, dont worry about your 3.5 xp nwn is the same. are you cool with playing 12 level ? maybe we could get your character ready tonight or tomorrow

ozziewolf
December 3rd, 2008, 00:04
I have my 4E game tonight but I'm free to do it tommorrow.

Do you do a point buy or roll for stats?

EKLEN
December 3rd, 2008, 00:14
roll your character on fantasy grounds 4d6 take lowest out, roll 20 characters take the best,start at 12 level build using starting cash in the dmg 88000gp

KainVorador
December 3rd, 2008, 00:48
I'm down for this game. Sending you a PM.

ozziewolf
December 3rd, 2008, 02:45
So just to verify..

I roll 4d6 and drop the worse die for each stat

Make 20 characters (SO like 20 sets of str,dex, cha etc..) and keep the set that I like the most?

EKLEN
December 3rd, 2008, 03:06
Yeah thats it

The Overlord
December 3rd, 2008, 07:36
I can play starting around 1AM CST, already applied as a player.

ozziewolf
December 3rd, 2008, 14:59
Sorry, I hate to do this but I'm going to be sticking with 4E games. After spending way to much time on character creation and feeling like I should be getting a slide ruler out I realize why I was so happy with 4E's release.

KainVorador
December 3rd, 2008, 19:32
Sorry, I hate to do this but I'm going to be sticking with 4E games. After spending way to much time on character creation and feeling like I should be getting a slide ruler out I realize why I was so happy with 4E's release.

I hate to put down a d&d system...but 4E was created to appeal to a A.D.D. society. 4E is D&D in WoW form.

EKLEN
December 4th, 2008, 00:13
wow should slap them with lawsuit lol

EKLEN
December 4th, 2008, 00:23
I have Fg running now if anyone has time to plug in their character,

EKLEN
December 4th, 2008, 00:24
can anyone play thursday some time between 1800-2345 est or later
gm eklen

ozziewolf
December 4th, 2008, 13:52
I hate to put down a d&d system...but 4E was created to appeal to a A.D.D. society. 4E is D&D in WoW form.

So are you able to think for yourself or is parroting unoriginal lines the only way you can express your opinions of a game you've probably never even played because it wasn't just like your precious 3.5?

KainVorador
December 4th, 2008, 21:33
So are you able to think for yourself or is parroting unoriginal lines the only way you can express your opinions of a game you've probably never even played because it wasn't just like your precious 3.5?

Well, after spending 7 hours in Barnes and Nobles looking through every 4E book I could find, which included the core books, I think I have a very good image of what 4E is like.

The way the spells have been changed to turn everyone into a mock-sorcerer with spells per day, per encounter and at will is not to my liking. And seeing as how the majority of characters I play, in any d&d setting, are wizards, I think i'll pass on 4E since the biggest selling point to me is the magic system in any setting.

I have the right to like or dislike anything I choose, as you do. If I don't like 4E because it's not like 3.5, then I have the right to do that. Who are you to say any different? Now with your bigotry and cynicism aside, have a nice day. Go back to WoW.

ozziewolf
December 5th, 2008, 03:10
7 hours in Barnes and Nobles right... short answer is no you're just parroting ignorant statements and have no experience with 4th edition. I will say this about it from a person who originally didn't like it after having skimmed the book. It plays a lot better than it reads.
You do have a right to dislike something and you have the right to have an ignorant opinion about something you've never experienced as you've clearly shown.
My bigotry and cynicism? You're the hypocrite who bashed any one for liking 4E as having ADHD and being a "WoW" player as a negative connotation.
If anything the bigotry and cynicism is on your side. I have no problem with people that enjoy 3.5 I enjoyed it when I did play the lower level campaigns.
The only thing I'm guilty of is taking your troll bait and not being the bigger man by ignoring your original unprovoked attack on me for preferring 4th edition.

EKLEN
December 5th, 2008, 03:16
you guys are great! go somewhere else and suck each other off!

Oberoten
December 5th, 2008, 03:24
Manners people. Take it to private messaging if you need to keep the discussion up.

DrPhil
December 5th, 2008, 14:09
Y'all should be on my show.

EKLEN
December 5th, 2008, 19:06
scary movie 4

Oberoten
December 5th, 2008, 19:39
Hey! I am not scary! I am cute even my girlfriend admitts this occasionally. :) ... what do you mean obligued to?

EKLEN
December 5th, 2008, 21:19
dr phil is in that movie, your avatar is scary though,lol.

Oberoten
December 5th, 2008, 21:21
Nonono... Baby Beholders are cuts, small and fluffy. VERY affecionate and clever. They'd make EXCELLENT pets if not for the fact that they have developed these traits to survive the presence of their very EVIL and very powerful parents.

- Obe

Griogre
December 7th, 2008, 02:19
Don't be fooled by the fluffyness - beholders are *not* nice guys. They only look fluffy when they are young so they can lure you in - then BAM, its all over. ;)

You should be very scared of the fluffy eye tyrant.

Oberoten
December 7th, 2008, 08:27
Once an adventurer finds the dimunitive flufflball, is convinced to bring it home and is promptly killed in the sleep, the baby eye tyrant burried into their body and feasts for a week or so.

- Obe

EKLEN
January 6th, 2009, 05:57
make characters and time available

unerwünscht
January 30th, 2009, 03:15
I'm interested in playing if it can be done on a Wednesday or Thursday night. I'm in the East Coast and can play any time between 5:30pm and 11pm EST. (I could go a little beyond 11 if necessary.)

I'd probably play a Halfling Rogue or something similar to that.

I admit I don't have a lot of experience in 3.5 D&D. I did some low level campaigns and have extensive knowledge with NWN 1 and 2 which are based off of the 3.5 rules and are very similar so hopefully that's not a problem.
I know most of the rules for 3.5 I just don't know all of the obscure rules like I do with 4E.

Since your going to try and troll me, I thought I would go around and troll you. How do you like it? 90% of the people here may hate me, but by the time I am done everyone is going to hate you.