PDA

View Full Version : FG-Wiki

Oberoten
December 1st, 2008, 07:40
Hola.

I just started up something new, with the potential for becoming great if we all work together on it.

I just reconfigured my servers a bit and added this:

https://oberoten.mine.nu/FGwiki

To the Devs :

I'd like to use FG graphics for the Wiki in some places, like the frontpage D20 and the SmiteWorks Logo on the page explaining what FG is.
(( Also sending PMS on this. ))

- Oberoten

Spyke
December 1st, 2008, 13:26
I'll give you a hand, Obe.

I've not been able to find a note on the copyright status of the FG boards. Are we allowed to copy posts word for word into the wiki, or would we have to paraphrase, link or seek permission?

Spyke

Valarian
December 1st, 2008, 13:37
I'm also willing to lend a hand, when I'm able, to get stuff in to a Wiki.

Foen
December 1st, 2008, 13:44
Nice site Oberoten, but I guess I need to understand what content is planned. There are already the Palentir and FUM sites, so it would be good to establish the angle or objective for the wiki.

Needless to say, I've signed up already!

Stuart

Astinus
December 1st, 2008, 15:28
I signed up too. Forums are great, and I've learned a lot here, but searching them and picking through posts can be inefficient when you just need a simple answer.

PneumaPilot
December 1st, 2008, 16:03
Great stuff. Thanks Obe. Congrats on becoming Sage as well!

Oberoten
December 1st, 2008, 22:11
A declaration of Purpose it is then :

I solemnly declare I am up to no... Oh wait.

The pupose of the Wiki is this :

Documentation of how to create LUA-script that actually work, documentation on the XML used by FG2, the various tricks, tips and finished scrips that we see here on the boards each day.

This way they won't fade into obscurity and can be found by newcomers as well when they want to make something new and exciting they have in the head, but don't have all the actual pieces for.

- Obe

Foen
December 1st, 2008, 22:23
Sounds good to me.

Oberoten
December 5th, 2008, 03:26
Started adding in a new thing to the Wiki...

A list of rulesets with links to them where posted publically.

https://oberoten.mine.nu/fgwiki/index.php/Category:Rulesets

This should make it easier for everyone to get to try something new every now and then.

- Obe

Oberoten
December 5th, 2008, 03:31
Eh... This is of course also an invite to add your own rulesets to this list for everyone's convenience. :)

If you don't feel like joining the Wiki or want something removed PM me the details.

Foen
December 5th, 2008, 06:19
You might want to link to the Foundation ruleset. I also notice you are showing commercial rulesets, so Call of Cthulhu and others (C&C, IH etc) could be added.

I'd be very careful about listing non-approved rulesets, as you will open a copyright can of worms and won't impress the folks here at SW.

Foen

Oberoten
December 9th, 2008, 23:03
I don't think LISTING them would be a problem, but perhaps keep a bit lower profile on the un aproved ones and removing the download links.

- Obe

Master
December 18th, 2008, 18:35
I would love to see some of the better ruleset modifications be listed on a page with a short description. Searching through the forums has become a real pain IMHO. I wish there was somewhere that everyone could go to get a definitive list of FGII code modifications.

An example of what I am talking about. Try to search these forums for "the Box" and you will come up empty because the only words in the modification are under 4 letters. If we had a list some place we could all just go and find them with ease.

Oberoten
December 18th, 2008, 22:00
Check the links on the left, the one named Rulesets lists the ones I have been able to find.

- Obe

Master
December 18th, 2008, 22:13
I dont mean full rulesets I just mean small changes in the code like the "the box" modification or the advanced combat tracker modification.

Oberoten
December 18th, 2008, 22:47
I just changed the upload system of the WIKI so one can now upload Extensions, mod, RAR and ZIP files. It'll make it a lot easier. And I agree these kind of files should indeed find a home on the wiki too.

I'll create a category similar to Rulesets for them.

- Obe

Zulithe
December 25th, 2008, 00:52
Following up on my post in the FUM forums, would someone with the know-how please write some wiki entries on how to use the 4e parser (the one found here (https://dnd-4e.blogspot.com/))? I'm kinda lost... :p It would be a HUGE help for us newbies.

Oberoten
February 5th, 2009, 19:43
FGWiki statistics

There are 217 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about FGWiki, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably do not qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 61 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.
35 files have been uploaded.
There have been a total of 8,636 page views, and 531 page edits since FGWiki was setup. That comes to 2.45 average edits per page, and 16.26 views per edit.