PDA

View Full Version : DM Homebrew over again

Sigurd
December 1st, 2008, 02:27
How many people have DM'ed modules repeatedly with different groups?

- FG has a wealth of players that I haven't seen since high school (too many years ago) - this leads me to think of options I had previously discarded.

EugeneZ
December 1st, 2008, 03:25
I never re-use whoel adventures. Maybe some ideas that worked well but fort eh most part the adventure is new. That'd be no fun for me, I suppose. Reading and mastering the adventure is half the fun for me. :)

Griogre
December 1st, 2008, 06:56
I will re-use an adventure with different groups but I have a pretty broad view of an "adventure." I usually customize some things on the fly towards the current group so even though the "adventure" is the same - the path is often quite different.

I don't usually go out of my way to run two groups through the same module. I happen to be running the 4E "H" series and because I already have the module in for one group there is minimal preperation to run a second group.

Far more common when I do run different groups in my main campaign I use common background but often run different adventures and often tell each group rumors of what the other one is doing.

As a player/DM I very much like to first play in a module with one group and then if I like the module, turn around and run it in a group where I'm a DM.

VenomousFiligree
December 1st, 2008, 07:08
Sure, playing one shots a lot, means reusing adventures with different groups saves a lot on prep time!

:)
MB

Doswelk
December 1st, 2008, 12:47
I have replayed old adventures again, been porting the D20 Modern adventures to SW.

Some of them even have the same players (different characters), but given the nature of my campaign (Dark Matter), I told them if they remember something from before, their characters do as well (they do not know why), that said I always change something just to trip them <evil grin>