PDA

View Full Version : 4E Sunday night campaign (GMT+!)

Waldo Pepper
November 28th, 2008, 20:32
I'd like to start running a twice-per-month Sunday night 4E game and am seeing if there's enough interest to warrant going through the efforts of getting it up and running. We would play 2 times per month, starting around 20:00 GMT+1 and finishing up sometime between 23:00 and midnight. I would schedule the dates for each month about a month in advance so everyone could plan accordingly.

Ideally I would be looking for 4-5 reliable players. Experience isn't necessary but you should own a copy of the PHB. The game will be heavier on roleplay and a bit lighter on combat but obviously this is 4E so tactical combat is a central part of the game.

The group would start at 1st level. I'm not sure about the nature of the campaign yet but have been considering basing the game on the Scale of Wars dungeon campaign since it would give me a chance to put my DDI subscription to use. ;)

If you're interested, drop me a PM or reply here. If I can find 4-5 players we can start in December.

For ease of time zone calculations: The game will start at 19:00 (7pm) GMT. Just add or subtract your time zone value from that # and you'll have the start time in your own time zone.

CelineSSauve
November 30th, 2008, 03:14
I see this as 4 to 8pm Eastern? (EST being GMT-5 and the game being GMT-1, if my math is correct). If that is correct, then I can make it, though I will still work a Friday or two before my swap between jobs is complete.

Any info on the setting to allow character plotting?

Waldo Pepper
November 30th, 2008, 08:08
Correct: 20:00-23:00 GMT+1 is 4pm - 8pm EST. The game will be on Sundays though, not Fridays so perhaps that's actually more convenient. :confused: If you're interested, send me a PM with your email address so I can start sending out the details ASAP.

In terms of setting, I'm waiting until I have a few players on board at which point we'll hash out the setting details: My plan is for the group to build the world as we go rather than use something canned like the FR. In other words, we'll create the details of the setting based on the group's input, decisions, and what works for the overarching story arc I have in mind. As a result, I will likely restrict the racial choices since I really don't like the default "smorgasbord" approach WotC seems to be taking. :( Instead we'll figure out what all the players want to play and then build a setting based on those races, along with perhaps a couple others, in order to make a slightly tighter and richer setting. :)

CelineSSauve
November 30th, 2008, 17:43
Oops. But yeah, since it won't run until late at night, Sundays should work:) PM on its way.

Waldo Pepper
December 1st, 2008, 09:29
Cool. If we can find one more definite we should have a game.

Waldo Pepper
December 2nd, 2008, 08:00
I now have 2 definite players, 1 likely, and 1 possible so it looks like the game will definitely run. I have 1-2 slots left for additional players if anyone out there is interested.

watchagonnado
December 2nd, 2008, 21:32
I won't lie, I'm greener than grass regarding D&D, but I'm willing to learn. So, if you don't mind complete newbies, I'd be interested too

Waldo Pepper
December 3rd, 2008, 10:05
I just answered your post over on FUM - you're more than welcome to join us.

With you, we now have at least 4 players, possibly 5 so we're set and ready to go!

kaahen
December 3rd, 2008, 14:24
I am interested though I am quite newie, but I'd really like to play.

Waldo Pepper
December 3rd, 2008, 20:43
@ Kaahen - PM with invite just sent.

It looks like I'm now full but if anyone else is interested, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can fit you in.