PDA

View Full Version : [CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness - interest?

gamersquest
November 26th, 2008, 07:08
Hi All

Okay - now I am still a very novice gamer/keeper and equally as such with Fantasy Grounds, however Sondermanns Fright Night has inspired me to consider running my own sessions and the deep end is always a good place to start

From the small experience I have had with FG I feel confident that I could run a campaign using BtMoM.

Would there be any mad souls prepared to give this a shot - will completely understand if not - it could be a very scary experience for all - let alone the actual content!!

It would be GMT ideally Wednesdays or Thursdays - 7 - 9.30pm, there is some flexibility here - possibly as the group develops we could engage the services of Skype etc - read .... as I become more confident!!

I am looking for 4 intrepid individuals - 6 max.

Please PM or post here if interested - but do understand I am by no means an expert - just someone very keen to learn at the sharp end!! - or plain stupid

J

Valgard
November 26th, 2008, 11:15
Looking at the size of the book, I think 'the deep end' is something of an understatement ;)

I'd love to play in this one, but both suggested nights are out for me. Any chance of a Friday or Sunday evening session? If not, good luck with it, it looks as if it could be an awesome gaming experience.

Ian

gamersquest
November 26th, 2008, 11:31
Hi Valgard - many thanks for your interest - I'm very excited -very sad :D

Re night of the week - I think it's flexible - would hate to dig my heels in for a Wednesday only to find all the players can do a Sunday - lol

I'll hold off making an evening specific until we have an idea of who and their availability - fingers crossed if this gets enough interest we can set a day that also works for you :)

J

Orpheus
November 27th, 2008, 03:45
I'm currently playing in a BTMOM campaign using FG and it is AWESOME; only to have gotten AWESOMER with our recent adoption of the official ruleset. I'll go ahead and tell you that you might get more willing participants if you post this over at https://www.yog-sothoth.com in their forums, and specifically within the Electric Card Board subforum. There are plenty of guys over there with oodles of interest in playing a Cthulhu game using FG, but just simply aren't frequenters of these forums. Good luck. Teki'li...;)

Orpheus
November 27th, 2008, 05:13
Wait! Scratch all dat, Dog! I see that you've already posted over there as "Fleabane." Good luck.

gamersquest
November 27th, 2008, 06:22
Thanks Orpheus - I joined the FG forum a few years ago - hence the different user names - lol

Great to hear you guys have had a great time using FGII for CoC - I'm really excited by the possibility

Take care

J

Blue Haven
November 27th, 2008, 13:06
Hey i would like to try CoC and i´m at GMT+0 and i can play at almost anytime so gamersquest do you want to teach me some lines in CoC? can you open a session tonight to create the character and tell me the basics?

gamersquest
November 27th, 2008, 13:10
Hi Blue Haven

Thats great news - glad you are keen to join in - once we have a few players together I'll run through the basics and help people create their characters - it's probable that to get things underway - I'll run a short scenario first - that way people can get to know each other before the bigger adventure begins

J

Orpheus
November 27th, 2008, 14:22
Thanks Orpheus - I joined the FG forum a few years ago - hence the different user names - lol

Great to hear you guys have had a great time using FGII for CoC - I'm really excited by the possibility

Take care

J
Yeah, I post over there as YallOfCthulhu (it supposed to be Y'all of Cthulhu, but there are no apostrophes allowed there ;) ).

gamersquest
November 30th, 2008, 08:44
Okay just a quick recap - who can make this mega undertaking!!

We shall play one short and light hearted scenario first - just to get a feel for how others game:

Blue Haven
Valgard

Lets try and aim for a Sunday evening - 7.00pm - 10.00pm

If interested please confirm - I'll get the small pilot project underway ;-)

Valgard
November 30th, 2008, 11:11
That's fine with me, looking forward to it.

Ian

gamersquest
November 30th, 2008, 14:33
Great stuff Ian - looking forward to playing

borusa32
November 30th, 2008, 19:55
Hi

My group went through this and what a mammoth campaign it was.
We played it for about six sessions per go with other games in between on a half yearly cycle over about four years so a lot of hours playing.
It is a fab campaign and I wish you the best of luck with it.
I would love to play but of course I can't now...

gamersquest
November 30th, 2008, 21:05
Hi Borusa32

Sounds like a cracking experience - I like the idea of breaking it up with games in between and you'd always be welcome to join - your character won't know any different - lol

reynorpadilla
December 1st, 2008, 06:09
Would love to play - But I'm on the West Coast of the US (Pacific time, currently -7 GMT). Anyone interested in playing BtMoM (or any CoC at all) in a closer time zone? :D

gamersquest
December 1st, 2008, 06:44
That's a shame - anyway you would always be welcome to take an early lunch and join us :-)

reynorpadilla
December 3rd, 2008, 09:58
Ah if only I could play with you guys... that would put me at about 1:30 p.m. -- unfortunately I don't have time then!

I found a copy of BtMoM... perhaps I'll run the game myself.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of West Coast Americans on the board ... or is it just my imagination?

gamersquest
December 3rd, 2008, 10:24
No worries - good luck in getting your own campaign going - its pretty hard work getting the interest - or at least that's the challenge I'm having here

J

badseeds
August 3rd, 2009, 21:18
Hello, new to Fantasy Grounds but i am fairly experienced with CoC, if this campaign is still alive and still looking for players i'd be interested.
I'm in sweden, that's gmt+1 so timing should be no obstacle for me (esp. if you run on sundays)

howerd.phillips
August 3rd, 2009, 23:15
Eastern Time zone here, won't work with GMT but could with an early West Coast start...

Cearlan
August 6th, 2009, 19:29
Hey there Jean, (if that's you ... if not ... errr)

Hey there,

Count me in if there is still a space available.

Norm

Andeee
October 16th, 2009, 18:51
so is this still going to happen?

borusa32
October 18th, 2009, 08:49
Hi

Well, this is an ambitious undertaking and hats of to you.
I have played Btmom live and our GM did it in discreete 6 session episodes over a long time period.
I think it could be done with the aid of cut scenes and narrative interluides.

Peter