PDA

View Full Version : newbie Question about lite license

wolfknight75
November 25th, 2008, 19:43
I recently bought one full license and five lite licenses. I have registered my full license, as it will be used by me to host. However, I need to know if I register the lite licenses, can they be used by other people? Or do I have to have them registered to a specific person, and not be able to change them later? Basically, are the lite licenses floating licenses or once assigned/registered they may not be changed. I only ask because I purchased all of them and have not given them to anyone yet.... Thanks ahead of time for anyone who helps me out with this seemingly simple but important question.

Ged
November 25th, 2008, 20:44
Hello wolfknight75 and welcome to the boards!

Simply put, the licenses are personal. The licenses can be transferred once under specific conditions, which specifically allow for distributing the licenses from a bundle to other players. For the sake of accuracy, I have quoted here the relevant part of the end user license agreement:

" 1. LICENSE GRANT. SmiteWorks, Ltd. grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. This license is not transferable to another organization. You may transfer a license to another individual once if the software has not been used on any system, and you are the original license holder as defined above. You may transfer the license to another system for your personal use as long as the SOFTWARE is not used or installed on multiple systems."