PDA

View Full Version : FG 2.3.5 Bugs

Griogre
November 24th, 2008, 06:31
There a several recent bugs that I have been having a problem with recently.

1) Token Crashes. When I put down non transparent png tokens from the combat tracker for the first time on a map and when they are revealed to the players it almost always crashes out several of my players of a group of six. This happens without fail so far on new tokens they have not ever seen before. Once they crash out and rejoin and I share the map again they are usually fine (even in a different session when I use the tokens again) – but the very first the tokens are either seen on the map or sometimes with I check “reveal” on the tracker in the 4E ruleset the some of the players crash. It is not always the same players crashing of the group of six most of the time it is 1 to 2 of three players. Some players do not seem to ever crash and the lucky group of three players does seem to vary a bit week to week. I have never had more than three players crash out so far with six players and often it is one or two. The same thing seems to happen with each of my groups though one it doesn’t happen that much anymore because they have seen lots of the tokens I use. To recap it only seems to happen with a token the first time it has ever been used in a campaign and once the players get back in and the map is shared again that token is “safe.”

2) Map out of sync on clients. Because of the first bug I notice this one a lot. On a large map image that is bigger than the map frame, the first time you share the map with the players, on the clients it appears to show the top left corner of the map regardless of what area the Host is viewing. If the Host shares the map again, the client map view does shift to the correct location. The important thing is it is the first time the client has the map shared with him. I.E. when my guys crash out from a token and then rejoin and I reshare the map they see the top left of the map instead of what the DM (and other clients are seeing). Once the map has been shared more than once with a client everything seems to stay synced. Maps that fill the entire frame do not have this problem.

I’ve attached the a few tokens that caused my guys to crash today. I am using the 4E JPG ruleset which might effect the first bug.