PDA

View Full Version : 4E Game starting at Level 1 with Keep on the Shadowlands

MeepoSose
November 22nd, 2008, 03:53
Rolling up characters tonight, (11/21) and probably playing the 1st session on 12/5. Will plan to play every Friday evening around 8pm CST till midnight-ish.

I'm a new FG2 GM but a long time GM in real life. I'm not quite as fluent in 4E as I was in 3.5, but I expect the game to run smoothly. Any core races/classes are welcome. Game is posted on the Game Calendar under "Meepo Sose's Intro 4E game"

** Update
Okay, we have a female human warlock (star pact) and a male dragonborn fighter along with a possible male half-elf undecided. I'd like to get up to 6 full-time players so I'll be able to run pretty consistently with 4 or more players each session.

Send me a PM with your IM account or email and I can probably arrange a time to meet you online to prep your character. We use the 22-point buy method starting at level 1. Starting with Keep on the Shadowfell module since I'm already familiar with that one.

MeepoSose
November 23rd, 2008, 17:51
Okay, I think this game is full now. I will accept a few alternates though in case someone doesn't show or bails out on us.

MeepoSose
December 6th, 2008, 00:41
Okay, I had a few players drop before the 1st session. I have room for 1 or 2 more if you can get connected before 8pm CST tonight (Friday 12/5/08.) I may be away from my PC if you connect but the server is up and running.

We still have 4 players so we'll be running tonight for sure. Next session will be two-weeks later on 12/26.

server address:
tiny nail xeno quill

MeepoSose
December 20th, 2008, 00:12
Game temporarily suspended/cancelled -- it never got off the ground due to unexpected player drops and no-shows. On top of that, I have enough stuff going in my personal life right now that I don't want to invest a lot of time when 2/3rds of my players chose not to show. It's probably a sign that I need to focus on non-gaming stuff for now. (boy am I superstitious)

I'll give it another go in a month or so when my personal life has settled a bit.

Dracenfels
December 20th, 2008, 00:29
Hey Meepo don't give up I'll play tomorrow if you still gaming on fridays I won't no show. I don't know the rules all that well but will fill in any space you need me too...let me know

CaribbeanGamer
December 20th, 2008, 11:28
Meep - I'm definitely down if you're looking for consistent players. I'm new, but would love to learn 4E/FG (long time gamer, just not D&Der)

I can also bring another player of similar experience, and we're both very reliable.

MeepoSose
December 20th, 2008, 20:04
Thanks guys. I'll take a look at things in another couple weeks and see if I'm up to trying again then.

Dracenfels
December 21st, 2008, 01:49
ok count on me just give me advance time to plan...and by then I should have at least read most of phb.

kantzgk
December 29th, 2008, 07:16
I'd love to get involved in a Friday night game if you are going to get this going...please let me know (email me at [email protected]). Long time RPGr (20+ years), new to 4e, but have all of the released materials so far...

Amcomfortable with any character, but would tend toward either wizard or ranger if the opportunity presented..

CelineSSauve
January 1st, 2009, 23:57
If the time is still each Friday evening, I'm game if you would like another player. Willing to fill the gaps in the group in terms of roles. I've always loved Magic users but have played a Rogue, a Warlock and a Cleric in the system so far, but am up to anything except for a Wizard (I was a Sorceress lover in 3.5 and don't like the 4th ed build for Wizards either).

I can only built the PC starting when I get home Saturday though.

Since tomorrow's a Friday, my question now is if the game will be on tomorrow or not. 8 pm CST is 9 pm EST, so I should be ably to make any week after this one as the latest I'll be at work is 5pm.

chubacamanman
January 2nd, 2009, 01:32
can i join