PDA

View Full Version : New user looking for an intro game

SavageIBS
November 19th, 2008, 00:31
I picked up FG2 the Savage Worlds and the D20 Modern ruleset today. Of course I have no idea how to use it proficently but I'm stumbling throught it.

I'd love to get into a game that's newb friendly so if anyone is looking for new players let me know if there's anything I can join in on.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that I'm interested in Sci-Fi, Modern, Pulp, Fantasy if its not too dark (not a big fan of all the demons/gods/rituals stuff. Just my personal preference) and anything I didnt think of.

Times I can game:
Friday after 7pm PST
Sunday after 7pm PST
Monday anytime PST

EugeneZ
November 21st, 2008, 00:27
Typically, it's players that seek out a GM, not vice versa (though you never know, you might get lucky). I suggest looking through the game calendar and guild house forums for a game that's open and suits your needs.

Rurik Torunn
November 21st, 2008, 02:14
Do people really still use the calender? I have the distinct feeling, that a LOT of people simply announce a game there and then never visit again, either because they already have enough players, or don't play at all.

EugeneZ
November 21st, 2008, 03:51
I have no idea about the calendar, but I have no problems finding players whenever I post. Yes, there are a lot of unrealiable people out there, so you DO need patience. You'll find a game, though. Hell, I'm thinking of starting another one. Maybe. (If I do, I'll post about it.)