PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for Knowledge Base

PneumaPilot
November 16th, 2008, 02:21
I think that a really cool thing to have on here would be a kind of 'knowledge base' of previously solved issues, with entries sorted by category. The solutions to the issues would be found in existing forum threads. So, for example, one entry in the 'base could look like this:

DICE
How do I sort die rolls? Answer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9246)

Now, I know I suggested this thing, but I'm not really able to actually maintain the thing myself. So, as unfair as it sounds, this would be an idea for someone else to take hold of and run with.

The top entry in the 'base could be regularly edited by the thread starter to include new entries, and subsequent posts could be for adding new items to the 'base.

I know that this would have helped and would continue to help me greatly.

Brenn
November 16th, 2008, 02:30
FG needs a wiki. I'm not volunteering ;)

Oberoten
November 16th, 2008, 08:15
The idea has been suggested several times, and to be honest I think that SmiteWorks would do well to set up a simple mediawiki since they allready have SQL, Php and a webserver up. I mean, once you have that a Wiki is nearly as simple as dropping the files into the proper catalogue and setting the passwords.

- Obe

PneumaPilot
November 16th, 2008, 22:02
Yes, a wiki would be awesome. Let's suggest that at the next business meeting.