PDA

View Full Version : Graphics delay

arameth
November 14th, 2008, 03:20
I have noticed something that has been mentioned before in the posts but I'd like to ask regarding a slightly different portion of the graphics lag.

The one between connected to GM and when your token / portrait is viable on the client / player side. The GM / server side seems to show the player portraits for several minutes (30+ to ever in the in case of maps) before anything shows on the client side.

The portrait exists with same file name on both ends as does the tokens. I have noticed this even when I connect to my own machine as layer.

Patched to current version, has the same level of delay on stock and JPG version of d20. Router has forwarding for external connections set, QoS has been turned off and on at both ends during a previous map test.. Portrait 125x125 tried png and .jpg as well for formatting.

Xorn
November 14th, 2008, 05:42
I found I suffered from this badly when I was force loading a large common.xml module. After I stopped that I rarely have tokens take longer than a few seconds to appear.

Dachannien
November 26th, 2008, 00:27
We're having this problem, but it's affecting maps as well, including maps that supposedly had already been shared with the clients.