PDA

View Full Version : Sunday D&D 4.0, H1 Keep of the Shadowfell: 3-8 PM PST(GMT-8 )

Griogre
November 13th, 2008, 03:11
I am looking for one or two players for my Sunday game. The party is about 25% through the module and about 2/3rds of the way to 2nd level. The current party members are Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Warlock. The party would like a replacement for the wizard who is dropping out.

If you have missed playing the Keep on the Shadowfell module here’s another chance. Obviously, if you have already played in or read KotS this would not be a good game for you. The goal of playing the H1 module is learning the new rules, having fun and doing some role playing. This is a weekly game. I have four players already. I will take up to six players. It is likely I will run H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth after this module.

New players to 4th Ed or Fantasy Grounds are welcome for this game. The game will use 4th Editions standard 22 point buy for character stats and only the races and classes out of the Player’s Handbook. It you have any other questions let me know. New characters will start with the same XP as the rest of the characters.

I use a dedicated Teamspeak server for voice so you will also need a working mic and headphones or a headset in addition to Fantasy Grounds. I use voice for narration and combat descriptions and rule questions/clarifications. “In character” roleplaying is done in FG’s chat.

PM or respond to the thread if you are interested.

Griogre
November 13th, 2008, 18:33
I'm still looking for one more player if anyone is interested.

JMOxx75
November 14th, 2008, 03:31
I have not been in a single 4th edition game since it hit the shelves. I have played since 1985 on and off and would really like to give this a try. One caveat is I have 5 children ranging from teenager to 2 yr old. I bring this up because you guys use VOIP. Most of the time its ok but sometimes they can be loud. If this is ok with your group then feel free to IM me.

Griogre
November 14th, 2008, 04:39
Thanks for the interest, this game is now full.

RuzeII
November 14th, 2008, 17:09
I wanted to respond, but I'm not sure how I feel about the 4e game. I've found my interest in fantasy-settings has dwindled alot, and to top it off, paging through the 4e core book has left me ... unimpressed.

Good luck on your campaign.

Griogre
November 15th, 2008, 23:03
Fourth Edition has a number of things that doen't read very well but work well in actual game play. That really surprised me.

IMO if you can find a group you like, the actual setting/rules aren't that important compared to finding a group that works for you.

Thanks for the luck.

RuzeII
November 16th, 2008, 23:02
Fourth Edition has a number of things that doen't read very well but work well in actual game play. That really surprised me.

IMO if you can find a group you like, the actual setting/rules aren't that important compared to finding a group that works for you.

Thanks for the luck.

That's the truth about the group. I've found it hard to get reliable players, as Star Wars (my preferred game) isn't incredibly popular over the net. But even with some of the transients, the roleplay was so good it's left me looking for more.

I'll take your advice and think about giving 4e a practical run through, if I find a game. I figured I'd at least try it, anyhow, before I pass total judgment. But I'm hesitant about the campaign settings. I love the Forgotten Realms setting, but i've heard rumors that they aren't producing for that anymore.