PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Generation Tokens - Test Render

Tailz Silver Paws
November 12th, 2008, 03:56
Been a while since I made some tokens...

This is a test render of my new generation of Fantasy Grounds tokens. I still am not happy with the lighting - as it comes up over exposed at times on very shinny parts of the model. But the main difference this time around is the model is being rendered from a camera that is on a slight angel instead of directly over the model. Plus a spotlight is setup to create a realistic shadow for the figure.

The images shown are at a larger size than what the tokens will end up, as they don't need to be quite as large as I render them (plus the image is compressed a lot, so might look a bit blury).

But I am still tinkering...

unerwünscht
November 12th, 2008, 04:14
I have to say, nice choice for skirt, and tho I LOVE the "death" pose, it might be considered "offensive" by some members of the community.

Tailz Silver Paws
November 12th, 2008, 06:07
Ppfftt... like being offensive has ever stoped me before! :D

Bring on the slave wenches!

VenomousFiligree
November 12th, 2008, 07:28
Nice!

Good to see you back making tokens :)

Oberoten
November 12th, 2008, 07:34
The new angle shows of the tokens better, that is indeed a plus. Still using DAZ / Poser?

- Obe

Tailz Silver Paws
November 12th, 2008, 10:04
The new angle shows of the tokens better, that is indeed a plus. Still using DAZ / Poser?

- Obe
Tinkering with Poser these days, DAZ Studio got nuked when my old PC imploded on itself. But I have been so busy I've not even reinstalled Lightwave!! :(

Oberoten
November 12th, 2008, 10:52
Ah well. From one whom has bought all ye released so far... Glad to see you back in rendering.

- Obe

Tailz Silver Paws
November 12th, 2008, 11:27
Ah well. From one whom has bought all ye released so far... Glad to see you back in rendering.

- Obe
It has been far too long...

turelus
November 13th, 2008, 00:07
I don't think I have seen any of your old stuff like others but those tokens look amazing! Once you have made more will they be free release?

unerwünscht
November 13th, 2008, 01:00
I would be more than willing to reinstall poser, and assist in token creation if you are willing to either 1) release the tokens for free to the general public. 2) lower the price to around $1 per "character", or 3) start a low cost "monthly membership" style site for releasing said tokens.

I am not overly good with poser manipulation as of yet, but the company I work for did purchase poser, and a ton of content for poser. I am also (in my opinion) skilled with PhotoShop and PhotoPaint, and capable of making a ton of non 3D tokens (the circular/square kind) in a rather short period of time. Also as I am now in charge of the art department here, I can assign some downtime work to the crew. However, we will be very limited on downtime over the next few months as we have a rather substantial project we are currently working on.

Tailz Silver Paws
November 13th, 2008, 12:16
I would be more than willing to reinstall poser, and assist in token creation if you are willing to either 1) release the tokens for free to the general public. 2) lower the price to around $1 per "character", or 3) start a low cost "monthly membership" style site for releasing said tokens.
I don't really need help, what I need is more time. Unfortunatly I work in advertising and publishing and my drop kick boss has not yet come to grips with the concept that pretty pictures take an amount of time to make.

I've thought about a price per character set, but that would assume I did the same number of tokens per character set. And I have not been that mythedocal in my aproach to creating the tokens, maybe I should. Instead i have priced my tokens at an average price of about 0.02 to 0.03 cents per token, I came to this value based on looking at other token packs sold by other folks. If I was chargeing $1 per character set, I'd have to increase the price of my current token packs!

I am not overly good with poser manipulation as of yet, but the company I work for did purchase poser, and a ton of content for poser. I am also (in my opinion) skilled with PhotoShop and PhotoPaint, and capable of making a ton of non 3D tokens (the circular/square kind) in a rather short period of time. Also as I am now in charge of the art department here, I can assign some downtime work to the crew. However, we will be very limited on downtime over the next few months as we have a rather substantial project we are currently working on.
Don't let me or anyone else hold you back. If you wish to make tokens, go for it. Making tokens is a bit of a hobby for me, and any money I make from selling token packs, goes towards buying more 3D models to make more tokens. So it is a win-win situation for me, and for those who like my token packs.

I was planning to also make 3D rendered maps, since I was trained as a 3D artist in 3D Studio, but there is a catch... time... the one thing in the multi-verse I am short on... time.

turelus wrote:

I don't think I have seen any of your old stuff like others but those tokens look amazing! Once you have made more will they be free release?
The test renders will more than likely get packaged up into a zip and put into my downloads area on my web site. There are a few other freeby goodies there if your intrested.

The "polished" tokens will go to rpgnow.com

turelus
November 14th, 2008, 11:53
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at your site now and keep my eyes open for future releases.