PDA

View Full Version : The Call of Cthulhu Ruleset Now For Sale!

Thore_Ironrock
November 11th, 2008, 22:44
Digital Adventures and Chaosium, Inc presents the Call of Cthulhu Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II!

This product is a comprehensive conversion of the iconic horror role-playing game has been brought vividly to life for internet play using the latest version of the Fantasy Grounds II software. The Call of Cthulhu Role-Playing Game from Chaosium has won multiple awards over the years, and has been a firm staple in the RPG horror community for decades! If you have ever been enthralled by a ghost story or spellbound at a horror movie, you are in for a treat. Part the veil that separates frail humanity from the terror that lurks beyond space and time. Now you can investigate forgotten ruins, haunted woods, and nameless menaces all online with the Call of Cthulhu Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.

What is all included with this purchase:

* A new all-in-one automated software installer for this ruleset purchase!

* Call of Cthulhu Rulest for Fantasy Grounds II contains the full text of the 6th Edition rulebook, published by Chaosium Inc. and converted to Fantasy Grounds II modules.

* Full rules for creating Investigators and guiding them through the worlds of HP Lovecraft.

* A Keeper’s toolkit, covering situations both mundane and bizarre, from car chases and equipment tables to mental disorders and alien technology.

* Over 100 creatures, deities and monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos and horror literature, most of which are illustrated with original artwork from the rulebook.

* 220+ spells and arcane rituals for the Keeper and players.

* Details of Herbert West and other notorious characters from the worlds of HP Lovecraft, together with nine pre-rolled investigators ready to play.

* Four complete ready-to-play adventure scenarios: The Haunting, Edge of Darkness, The Madman, and Dead Man Stomp.

* Requires a FULL license of the Fantasy Grounds II software for the Keeper, and FULL or LITE licenses for each Player.

* The FULL version of Fantasy Grounds II v2.3.3 is required to use this product.

This release contains everything you need for hours of terrifying, edge of the seat entertainment all referenced on your digital desktop using Fantasy Grounds II for the price of $15.00. Purchases of this ruleset can be made at Digital Adventures Online Store (https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/) or through any One Book Shelf affiliate.

The Fantasy Grounds software lets you enjoy Call of Cthulhu with friends across the world. This product includes Player reference material, skill lists and weapons tables in addition to Keeper material such as creatures of the Cthulhu Mythos to drag and drop straight into play, a combat tracker to make the most complex encounters run more smoothly, and hints and tips for running successful adventures.

The Call of Cthulhu Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II and compatible products from Digital Adventures requires the use of the Fantasy Grounds II software, which is sold separately and can be purchased at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/.

The Call of Cthulhu Role-Playing game is a copyright of Chaosium, Inc., (C) 2008. For more information on Call of Cthulhu products visit their website at https://www.chaosium.com/.The Call of Cthulhu Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II is a trademark of Digital Adventures, LLC and Chaosium, Inc., (C) 2008, licensed by Digital Adventures, LLC for distribution. For more information on Digital Adventures products see our website at https://www.digitaladventures.net. The Fantasy Grounds II software is copyrighted by SmiteWorks, LTD, (C) 2008. For more information on the Fantasy Grounds software visit their website at https://www.fantasygrounds.com. All rights reserved. Duplication or distribution without the proper consent of Digital Adventures, LLC is prohibited.

Enjoy!

Oberoten
November 11th, 2008, 23:37
Purchased, downloaded and installed. Even did a quick-test with the girlfriend. We're both suitable impressed.

Considering that the system is VERY similar to the DoD system so many of us Swedes grew up with this is one that'll be used a LOT.

- Obe

Sorontar
November 12th, 2008, 01:04
Gratz on getting it out the door chaps, now let the insanity begin WIBBLE ;)

VenomousFiligree
November 12th, 2008, 06:04
Woo Hoo :D

ArthurLovat
November 12th, 2008, 11:20
That sounds fantastic indeed!
I hope there will be some games around soon! ^_^

sondermann
November 12th, 2008, 12:42
Bought it. Downloading right now. And thanks Digital Adventures for choosing RPGNow as one of your vendors. I probably wouldn't have bought it (at least not this fast) from somewhere else. Hint. ;)

sondermann
November 12th, 2008, 18:42
While I plan on reviewing the ruleset after I took it for a test drive. I already spotted a bug. When you drop an item entry into a note, and then try to delete the new note entry Fantasy Grounds crashes.

Thore_Ironrock
November 12th, 2008, 19:35
While I plan on reviewing the ruleset after I took it for a test drive. I already spotted a bug. When you drop an item entry into a note, and then try to delete the new note entry Fantasy Grounds crashes.

Please do not post product issues to the forum, as we may not see them. Please send issues/bugs w/screenshots if possible and step-by steps to [email protected] as indicated in your purchase.

Thanks,

Arazmus
November 13th, 2008, 01:37
Bought the ruleset, and also Fantasy Grounds software. Now all I need to do is work out how everything, um, works.

Sorontar
November 13th, 2008, 01:56
Bought the ruleset, and also Fantasy Grounds software. Now all I need to do is work out how everything, um, works.

Welcome to the sanatorium ;)

Thore_Ironrock
November 13th, 2008, 02:00

FYI ... we are testing a fix for this issue, and will re-distribute to all customers once we have it all tested. If anyone notices anything else please let us know.

Thanks to sondermann for his expert debugging. :)

Oberoten
November 13th, 2008, 05:40
Welcome to the sanatorium ;)

Would be an excellent first adventure for the new ruleset don't you think? Escaping the asylum... all MANNERS of strange creatures in the way trying to capture and kill... err... sedate and medicate you?

And never letting the players know until they are either down and gone or safely(?) escaped.

Could be QUITE chillingly creepy if done right.

- Obe

Orpheus
November 13th, 2008, 12:12
You must be here from Yog-Sothoth.com.;)

Arazmus
November 13th, 2008, 14:16
Yup, indeed I am. :)

Thore_Ironrock
November 13th, 2008, 14:56
Regarding the recent CoC ruleset bug/fix. SmiteWorks has confirmed that part of this issue is due to an FG bug, which the Goblin King is working to correct. Stuart (Foen) has come up with a fix for our ruleset, but we're waiting on a final OK from SmiteWorks if we should issue our fix before theirs.

In the meantime, if anyone finds other issues please send them to [email protected] so we can address them ASAP. We want to issue as few "fix packages" as possible to make everyone's life easier, since you have to uninstall and reinstall the product. We are also considering a file-only fix as well.

In retrospect, I should have expected problems from this product, as I'm sure the Deep Ones are not appreciative of our efforts to bring their world to cyberspace. ;)

Current Sanity: 35 and falling ...

eyegore
November 13th, 2008, 20:14
My group has been waiting for this one with anticipation and a sort of slimey Cthulhuian glee. Congrats and keep up the good works, I am sure that that you will conquer the bugs without too much sanuty loss.

Thore_Ironrock
November 14th, 2008, 14:10
**Bug/Fix Update**

SmiteWorks will be issuing an FGII fix within the next few days that is supposed to address this issue. If everything goes according to planned, Digital Adventures won't have to issue a file update to the ruleset.

Thanks for everyone's patience during this release. Please restore 1d10 sanity.

Thore_Ironrock
November 15th, 2008, 13:59
FYI ... the latest FGII patch (2.3.5) has resolved the bug issue with the CoC ruleset. Special thanks to SmiteWorks for their help in this manner. ;)

Master
November 18th, 2008, 04:39
Good stuff. Probably the best rule set I have used in FG sofar. Good work guys.

Blue Haven
November 24th, 2008, 14:53
Please tell me one thing...the extensions change what in the game?? because it seems the same when i choose one or the other...:(

Valarian
November 24th, 2008, 15:33
The list of skills on the character sheet.
I've done another extension for the Dark Ages skills.

Foen
November 24th, 2008, 19:03
As Valarian says: the extensions change character skill lists. Pretty much everything else is generic and the kit/weapons are provided for all common eras. It is possible to use extensions to re-skin the ruleset, but we chose a skin that is fairly setting-neutral from 1890 to near future.

Foen

Claybor
December 9th, 2008, 15:45
2 coc ruleset questions.

1. Are there any screenshots?

2. I am not a horror or coc fan, but I recently picked up BRP and I was wondering what differences if any there would be between the 2 rulesets? Would it be fairly east to run a BRP game using the coc ruleset?

Foen
December 9th, 2008, 16:35
There are some screenshots over at the Yog-Sothoth forums. Try this link (https://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13084).

CoC is a flavour of BRP, so you should be fine to play BRP games with it. It doesn't use the hit location optional rule, so you will need to do that by hand if you are playing RuneQuest or something similar. RuneQuest OGL is actually on my list for eventual conversion, but is taking a back seat to other projects (such as Rolemaster) at the moment.

Cheers

Foen

Claybor
December 9th, 2008, 21:36
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

Master
December 15th, 2008, 21:23
I am running into a strange bug with the new cthulhu rule set. If I have a token folder with more than 20 tokens in it the rule set copies each of the tokens. The copied tokens are not relocated when you arrange or shuffle the token bag. While it isnt a major problem it has become pretty annoying.

Anyone else run into something like this?

Foen
December 15th, 2008, 21:33
Hi Master

The CoC ruleset doesn't do anything to the token bag (it is lifted straight from the core product). Would you be able to post a screenshot? I'd also be keen to know if you can replicate the problem with any other ruleset.

I'll also drop you a PM with my email address, so you can correspond directly.

Cheers

Stuart

Oberoten
December 15th, 2008, 23:27
I have seen similar problems on my Arm ruleset when I have had a lot of other things running. Methinks it is a memory problem?

Master
December 16th, 2008, 04:58
I tried to recreate it at home but this time it worked just fine. At work I have this problem consistently but I am also normally running a cadd program and a 3d modeling program all at the same time. It could very well be a memory problem.

hereander
December 16th, 2008, 09:17
There are the so called "ready-to-play investigators" in a module. They exist as NPC-Sheets. How could I let the players use them. Seems I can't find any "regular" characters in the set, that can be chosen by the players. Any help?

Thnx

VenomousFiligree
December 16th, 2008, 10:53
I believe you can drag the link for the npc to the character sheet and it will auto-populate

Foen
December 16th, 2008, 11:06
You drag the link to the list of characters, not to a character sheet. Then you get 60 points to spend on additional skills.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

Oberoten
December 16th, 2008, 11:10
Not to the character sheet, but it works fine to the character selection window where it will create the pre-gen.

DAMN nice. *grins* Of course now I will have to do my character-sheets droppable both ways. As to make a NPC of a character that has been retired.

... and I didn't even KNOW CoC could do this.

GREAT show!

Oberoten
December 16th, 2008, 11:10
Dang... You're FAST too.

Master
December 16th, 2008, 17:18
Ok, the next three posts will contain the pictures you requested. The first two 1 and 2 are the savage worlds rule set and the default d20 rule set. The next 4 3a, 3b, 4a and b4 are your cthulhu rule set. The (A) is with a random shuffle and the (B) is with an arrangement after the shuffle. You will notice that some of the tokens do not move. Those tokens are the duplicate tokens.

Master
December 16th, 2008, 17:19
I changed my mind, I can get them all uploaded in two posts. These are your cthulhu rule set pictures.

Foen
December 16th, 2008, 19:29
Thanks Master, I can't reproduce this problem either. Do you still get it at work when you run fewer applications, and does it also appear at work when you are using one of the other rulesets?

Where are the problem tokens being held, in the FGII top-level tokens folder or the ruleset-level tokens folder?

Stuart

Foen
December 16th, 2008, 19:36
Ahh, I can now reproduce the problem in both the default d20 ruleset and the CoC ruleset.

If you have the same token folder included in your rulesets\<rulesetname>\tokens folder and also in your tokens\host folder then the tokens will appear twice (because there are two copies) but the FG engine doesn't sort them properly.

Hope that helps

Stuart

Master
December 16th, 2008, 21:49
That is odd since I dont remember putting the token folder into the rule set but they were there for some reason.

Thanks.

wavecutter
December 22nd, 2008, 04:50
I can't seem to get the ruleset installed. I'm running windows vista.

Foen
December 22nd, 2008, 06:09
I've sent you a PM.

Foen

wavecutter
December 25th, 2008, 02:54
Thanks for the help.