PDA

View Full Version : Semmingly Random crash shortly after hosting FG2

meathome
November 10th, 2008, 18:24
Hi, I had this problem once before and strangely went away on its own (i think after an update) After I host a session in fg2 it starts up as it should but 2-30 seconds later it freezes and gives me an error message saying:

an unhandled win32 exception occurred in Fantasy Grounds.exe [3844].
just in time debugging this exception failed with following error:
No installed debugger has Just-in-time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio just-in-time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In_Time.

I have not installed any new software. I tried shutting down any other software and unneeded processes. it didnt help. Itsvery strange because yesterday it worked fine, and i did not change anything in my system. I have antivir and firewall running (avast and vistafirewallcontrol) My System:

Core2Dua 2.66Ghz
4Gb Ram
Geforce 8800GTS
Creative SB Audigy 4
Sata Raid0 array as primary HD
Windows Vista 64

I have the latest non beta drivers installed and did not change anything there either.

The problem just mysteriously appeared and made fg unplayable, wich is a shame because i had a geming session scheduled for today :(

PS: i tried different rulesets and the d20 ruleset all have the same issue

Spyke
November 10th, 2008, 18:45
Have you tried reinstalling FG2? A pain, I know, but if the update helped last time you had the bug, a reinstall might help this time.

Are you able to check to see whether your virus checker or security suite got updated yesterday (automatically)?

Does the demo run OK, or does that crash too?

Spyke

meathome
November 10th, 2008, 18:58
I did try and reinstall but didnt help. It could be that last time it wasnt the update.. And yes there was an update to my antivir yesterday but after that FG still worked.

I discovered something else strange
If i DISABLE port forwarding of the 1802 port then FG doesnt freeze anymore, understandably nobody can join in this case. As soon as I activate the port forwarding again it freezes again. I found a temporary solution, disable port forwarding and let everybody connect over a VPN... but its slow. It almost seems as if something is attacking me on the port 1802... Because every other software that needs port forwarding runs flawlessly. is it possible to change the port setting of FG to test if it works with other ports?

EDIT: After changing my IP adress (thank god for dynamic ip adresses :P ) everything works fine. I dont need the VPN and FG doesnt freeze.... So it seems last time it went away was when my router changed its ip....

Spyke
November 10th, 2008, 19:18
Yes, you can start FG2 with a different port.

I explain how in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=65405&postcount=29).

Spyke