PDA

View Full Version : Adding spells/powers

Pithound
November 9th, 2008, 18:13
I'm a super noob to the program but i must say i'm really enjoying it, however i have a question that i can not seem to find the answer for, or at least an answer i can understand.

I want to add some spells/powers to a game and make those spells/powers avaible for my players when they make characters. I seem to find all sorts of info on making xml sheets and putting them in but is there a way to do it in the FG2 program? like can i add them to the Items section then export them as a mod? I would like to creat something like the spell book that is in the standard d20 release. Is there a way to open that book to edit the contents and then make it into a new book to use in teh libary?

Again sorry if these have all been asked before i just can't seem to find the answers. I know somebody out there can point me in the right direction. The FG community is a great one.

sondermann
November 9th, 2008, 18:33
short answer: no.

you have to create a library module by hand. locate your module folder. open a similar module with winrar. module files are just renamed zipfiles. each module contains at least three files: the image and two xml files. create your own xml files. repack them as a zip file and then rename it back to .mod.

JMOxx75
November 9th, 2008, 19:40
I hope this isn't off topic. I made a mod with nothing but the information in the skills chapter. I exported it and it displays in the library but it also displays in the story window. I was wondering what I have to change in the client.xml to make it only display in the library window.

Bidmaron
November 9th, 2008, 22:08
You are, unfortunately, approaching this wrong. You cannot create the kind of module you are looking for in this way (maybe someday). Please take a look at this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6967&highlight=library+module) for an explanation.

Pithound
November 10th, 2008, 00:21
thanks for the responses and pointing me in the right direction.