PDA

View Full Version : Error message

ryan tipple
November 8th, 2008, 23:08
First let me start off by saying im a noob. Next I downloades the adventure The Wizards amulet and follow directions from the forum on how to load it. now every time I start FG and choose "host a game as gamemaster" i get "could not load ruleset root file base.xml". I tried unloading the adventure and still get the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? also could I just uninstall and redownload FG since I bought the full license?
Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Oberoten
November 8th, 2008, 23:12
It sounds like your D20.pak file has gone corrupt. I suggest removing it and running the program then choose upgrade and it will retrieve it.

As long as you have the key written down somewhere you can uninstall and reinstall to your heart's content.

- Obe

Renfield
March 29th, 2009, 06:14
I downloaded The Wizards Amulet and came across some sort of error. After digging Fantasy Grounds out of the depths of my External Harddrive I dug up the registration code and updated the game and was able to load the tutorial adventure without any hassle. However whenever I try and load The Wizards Amulet my computer shuts FG down. Any suggestions as to what might fix this? I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the d20 pack but that did nothing. Even re-downloaded and re installed the module, nothing. I really want to check this thing out, maybe even run it, it's all kind of frustrating. (Just spent a half hour trying to get the little Modifier window and the dice to not over lap the chat window all horribly >.<).

Griogre
March 30th, 2009, 08:50
The Wizard's Amulet is an old 3.0 Necromancer Games module (the first free D&D 3.x module I believe), it was originally released for FG1 and updated for FG2. Make sure you have the FG2 version at the end of the thread off the mediafire download.

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:24
Where do i find the d20.pak file? I'm getting the same error whenever i try to connect to a server. Did a search. Doesn't appear anywhere on my hard drive.

Foen
April 18th, 2009, 18:38
You can find it here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

Look under "d20 ruleset" on the right-hand side about half way down the page.

Foen

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:40
That isn't gonna help as it's a 4e game :P

Foen
April 18th, 2009, 18:42
You don't need d20.pak then, you need the 4e ruleset over at fouruglymonsters. Take a look at the FG Wiki too, it has loads of rulesets.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki

Foen

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:43
Do I need that with the lite version? I tried reinstalling FG and it didnt help either.

Foen
April 18th, 2009, 18:44
You don't need rulesets at all with the lite version - unless they support local character generation (which most do not). The ruleset is downloaded when you connect to the host and you create your character while you are connected.

Foen

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:50
was playing and FG crashed on me. Now when i try to reconnect i get "could not load ruleset root file base.xml". It also keeps trying to download the same files every time i try to connect. It waits till the download is done then gives me that error. That's what happened.

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:57
I've deleted everything that has to do with FG2 and reinstalled. Still getting the error.

Spyke
April 18th, 2009, 19:13
Does this thread help?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10008&highlight=root+file+base.xml

Spyke