PDA

View Full Version : New "Bug" Found

unerwünscht
November 8th, 2008, 08:14
Long story short, I am only able to see 8 characters in the character selection window.

I have a graphical design trackball and tablet, so this means I have no scroll wheel and it seems no way to select more than the first 8 characters made. In most other windows I can scroll fine by holding the middle "mouse" button and scrolling the ball, but for some reason this is not working in the character selection and Chat windows.

Anyone have any ideas short of getting a mouse/keyboard with a scroll wheel?

Oberoten
November 8th, 2008, 09:06
Fastest : There should be a scroller control on the window on the lower right side. If not it is easy to add :

Find and repplace the indentity selection windowclass with the following. (Assuming you haven't changed it much this should work. If not just add the scrollercontrol part to the ruleset. )

<windowclass name="identityselection">
<frame>characterbox</frame>
<placement>
<size>
<width>676</width>
<height>430</height>
</size>
</placement>
<sheetdata>
<windowlist name="list">
<bounds>102,43,470,359</bounds>
<class>identityselection_entry</class>
<columns>
<width>235</width>
<fillwidth />
</columns>
<script file="scripts/identityselection_list.lua" />
</windowlist>
<scrollercontrol>
<bounds>-98,-60,45,27</bounds>
<target>list</target>
<button>
<normal>button_scroller</normal>
<pressed>button_scroller_down</pressed>
</button>
</scrollercontrol>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

Foen
November 8th, 2008, 09:18
This is a ruleset bug in the default d20 ruleset which was recently fixed. If you are using a custom ruleset based on the d20, you might have the old buggy version of the character selection window.

The problem was reported here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8194) and was fixed in v2.2. The file edits/changes which reflect the fix are listed here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8981).

Hope that helps

Stuart

Oberoten
November 8th, 2008, 10:24
... frankly I am dissapointed, no new rank at 1300 posts? Bah.

Foen
November 8th, 2008, 10:34
*grin* I'm some way from 1000 posts and don't expect anything at 900.

Oberoten
November 8th, 2008, 10:48
Oh come now. At the very least there should be cake... unless the cake is a lie.

Dachannien
November 8th, 2008, 11:18
What's that? What's that? Oooh, what's that?

unerwünscht
November 8th, 2008, 17:28
Ok... I just woke up and have not had time to try the fix Oberoten posted.

But I am using the latest version of FG2. And I am using the D20_JPG ruleset.
Not sure if the ruleset is up to date, but I have no idea where it is hosted anymore.

unerwünscht
November 8th, 2008, 18:28
Oh and Obe, I make a mean cake. So if your ever in the American Midwest stop by and you can have some cake. Otherwise you will have to wait till our 2010 world tour. Tho the closest we get to Sweden is Norway.

joshuha
November 8th, 2008, 19:39
I believe the d20_JPG hasn't fixed the scroller bug that was fixed in the base ruleset a few patches ago.

Oberoten
November 8th, 2008, 21:03
Oh and Obe, I make a mean cake. So if your ever in the American Midwest stop by and you can have some cake. Otherwise you will have to wait till our 2010 world tour. Tho the closest we get to Sweden is Norway.

Got to admitt it'd be great to meet a few of the people here face to face. :) 'Sides I might well be working in Norway by then, I have an offer there for Oilrig medic that is VERY tempting.

- Obe

unerwünscht
November 9th, 2008, 03:56
I believe the d20_JPG hasn't fixed the scroller bug that was fixed in the base ruleset a few patches ago.

Any one have any idea when this might be done? I would attempt it, but it seems as an "artist", I "muss up" any type of code, any time I touch it. Atleast when it's someone elses code.

Oberoten
November 9th, 2008, 07:38
It is in the utility.xml file. Sorry, I thought I put that into the original post.

- Obe

unerwünscht
November 9th, 2008, 08:21
Ok, now that I know where to look I went to add it to the script but it was already there, word for word. Am I missing something? :-)

Oberoten
November 9th, 2008, 08:31
... you should have a scroller-control on the lower right of the character-selection window then. Hmmm... Check if the graphics link correctly?

OR possibly it might be out of bounds so it doesn't show due to that... it is actually the one thing I can think of here that'd screw that up.

Oberoten
November 9th, 2008, 08:45
Afraid I'll have to point you on to someone who knows the JPG ruleset better than me. Moonwizard who made it has a groun on FUM where the reuleset is discussed and later more updated versions are kept.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_groupjive&task=showgroup&groupid=20