PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 port

Sorontar
November 6th, 2008, 18:51
Yes I could get that media PC set up but there's already a 360 under the TV :D

So who'd play downstairs on their HD TV, within mere feet of the fridge and beer then? ;)

And yes I'm bored and in silly mode.

JeepNerd
July 2nd, 2009, 20:04
Has this ever been considered or a "lite" version?

We were talking about this the other night, since Xbox Live is out there, and has a micro-pay system already up and running (along with user based content) it would be a neat idea?

I think at minimum it would need the ability to have basic maps (or ability to make them), and token/icons. Finally a dice roller and combat (Inititive) tracker...none of those things are really dependent on a ruleset.

Anyone have the programming skills? I suspect there are lots of gamers on Xbox already / would allow us to use that platform for pen and paper gaming too!?

Lithl
July 5th, 2009, 22:41
It could be done, though it would require SmiteWorks to talk to Microsoft about it in order to obtain a development license and one or more XDKs (~$10,000 per box, as I recall). And if there were a "full" license released for an XBox version, the GM wouldn't be capable of creating their own ruleset, I think. And I'm not sure how feasible it would be to make the Xbox version connect to PC versions (I know of several online game with PC and Xbox versions, but offhand I can't think of any that allow the PC and Xbox players to play together)

And a number of elements of the UI layout, display text, and interface controls would be dictated by Microsoft, too.