PDA

View Full Version : Features Request

Ganadai
November 6th, 2008, 08:18
Is it possible to set portraits for local charcaters? It shows the portrait button in "create and view local characters" but there doesn't seem to be a way to assign them.

Is it possible to allow players to delete server characters? I hate that every time I make a change to a local character I have to ask the DM to delete the server version. Otherwise I end up with multiple server copies of the same character.

PneumaPilot
November 6th, 2008, 19:20
Yes, I have wondered about this too. If I as a DM make a character, can I ever assign a portrait to it? It had me weirded out that I had screwed up something when I was working on my custom ruleset because I couldn't figure out how to assign a portrait. I thought, "Did I erase that feature?"

Oberoten
November 6th, 2008, 19:25
The problem is really that the local creation has no campaign directory to work with so nowhere to store the images.

One way past this is hosting with one instance and then connecting back to it with "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" and another name. That way you can add portraits to the characters once they have been made server characters.

- Obe

Griogre
November 6th, 2008, 20:37
In FG one of the only bits of data that comes from the client is the character's portrait. Smiteworks assumption was there would be no need for the GM to assign a portrait since the players would.

Like Obe said the easiest way for the GM to assign a portrait is to open a second instance of FG as a player and just assign a portrait that way.

PneumaPilot
November 6th, 2008, 21:07
Interesting (and slightly ridiculous) concept. I shall try it immediately!

SgtDarkside
November 16th, 2008, 14:33
Would be nice if they could include video/voip window so that you could use a webcam/mic. Then this could be used as mini "live" portrait and the active player's potrait could increase in size when it is his "active" turn.

Valarian
November 16th, 2008, 18:28
You can assign a PNG image to a character in the campaign portraits directory. The file has no extension and should match the ID number of the character in the db.xml file.

PneumaPilot
November 16th, 2008, 20:36
You can assign a PNG image to a character in the campaign portraits directory. The file has no extension and should match the ID number of the character in the db.xml file.

That's cool to know, but it ought to be LOTS more intuitive than that...

Spyke
November 16th, 2008, 20:44
That's cool to know, but it ought to be LOTS more intuitive than that...Well, to be fair, the normal method of logging in as a player is lots more intuitive, if not ideal...

Allowing the GM to assign portraits is on the current wish list (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8625&highlight=list) noted by the developers. It's the first entry under campaign management in Ged's original post there.

Spyke

Ganadai
November 17th, 2008, 12:00
Is there a way to have the token box always auto arrange the tokens? It's annoying having to right click arrange every bag every time I restart FG.