PDA

View Full Version : Missing icons on the right

Medieve
November 6th, 2008, 07:14
FG2 runs otherwise fine for me except that a script error comes up in a console window and I'm missing certain menu icons on the right. As a player creating characters I'm missing the ruleset icon, and hosting as a GM I'm missing all of the icons except for the Day/Campfire/Night/Forest icon.

This is the script error I'm getting:

Script Error: (string "scripts/desktopmanager.lua"):103: attempt to call to field 'setTooltip Text' (a nil value)

And heres a screenshot of the program as a GM:

https://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/Medieve/noicons.jpg

Fenloh
November 6th, 2008, 10:09
Maybe its an Update Problem. There was another one with a problem like this one and Foen asked the first thing everyone should actually do.. check the updates * grinst in the direction of Foen *

Fenloh

Griogre
November 6th, 2008, 19:58
Most of these missing buttons on the right problems seemed to be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling FG and clearing FG out of the registry if you are comfortable with that (don't mess with the registry unless you know what you are doing). Make sure you have your FG key written down somewhere before you clear your registry as that will erase it.

It can't hurt to try just updating FG again either.

Foen
November 6th, 2008, 22:52
Before v2.3 the icons were hard-coded into the ruleset desktop layout. The newer version introduced icons which could be added dynamically, and many rulesets then assumed it was available. If you have a new ruleset but the old FG version then this error can occur.

Make sure you have the latest FG version: if upgrading FG doesn't fix it, then there may be a problem with a 'stuck upgrade, which Griogre's suggestion should help.

Cheers

Foen

PS. The specific error refers to a new function added in the recent FG release which allows tooltip texts to be dynamic. The error means that the ruleset is trying to use this function but the FG engine isn't recent enough to support it.