PDA

View Full Version : American Gamers

unerwünscht
November 4th, 2008, 19:30
Go vote! It's important. I mean unless you don't care who runs your country.

EugeneZ
November 5th, 2008, 06:00
We did, and Obama won, so that's that.

Orpheus
November 6th, 2008, 02:56
Here's to 2010!:hurt:

unerwünscht
November 6th, 2008, 06:41
2010??? I'm confused. But intrigued. What happens in 2010? Other than the end of life as we know it when an Artificially Intelligent Computer on board a space station goes psychotic and kills everyone. Kind of.

Oberoten
November 6th, 2008, 07:36
Should we worry that next election is 2012, same year as the Mayan calendar just ... ends. IA IA CTHULHU FTHAGN! CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT!

:)

Tenian
November 6th, 2008, 11:08
I can see the campaign now

Cthulhu: Why settle for the lesser of two evils?

Oberoten
November 6th, 2008, 11:28
Chthulhu Promises : An End.

Tenian
November 6th, 2008, 12:38
Chthulhu Promises : No new taxes

Oberoten
November 6th, 2008, 13:46
CTHULHU promises : Vote for me and you will be eaten FIRST so you don't have to suffer the crippling fear...

Tenian
November 6th, 2008, 15:00
Actually:

https://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?products_id=575

PneumaPilot
November 8th, 2008, 21:48
Hehe, go figure. I can't imagine that that would be a very fun game, or have many players. Still, there's something for everyone out there.

Orpheus
November 17th, 2008, 01:00
2010??? I'm confused. But intrigued. What happens in 2010? Other than the end of life as we know it when an Artificially Intelligent Computer on board a space station goes psychotic and kills everyone. Kind of.
Ahhh. 2010 is the next major election year; what we call the "midterm elections." The midterms are where Americans get to vote either their approval or disgust with the President's policies and agenda by selecting their senators and congressman whose terms happen to be up that year. If most Americans feel that Obama is leaning a little too far to the left then you will see a large number of Republicans take seats in both houses. Of course, it all depends upon whose seats are up for grabs. If a majority of seats are held by Republican incumbants then you won't see a major turnover, nor will you see much shift if a longtime, well-favored congressman of President's own party is up for reelection. Good examples of a serious shift occured in 2006 when Democrats picked up a large number of seats, and in 1994 when Republicans gained control of Congress after Bill Clinton started off down mistrusted trail of Leftism. In all honesty, that was a large case of Mr. Bill being pushed by the far Left of his party to act much more in that direction than he truly was. If Obama, who really is that far Left, allows the super extreme wing of his party to push him away from the center, where most Americans would prefer for a President to govern, then you'll see a seriously seismic shift in 2010.