PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Questions, Problems, and Suggestions

Jingo
November 1st, 2008, 06:50
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this or not.

But I have some Savage Worlds ruleset questions/problems. I recently purchased the SWEX ruleset (and rulebook too) and have been running the default adventure in the ruleset called "Against the Orcs".

1) First a general question about Savage Worlds rules. In that adventure, in part one, on the story pane for "The Second Assault" it says, "This fight should be run as a skirmish using figure flats or miniatures. The orc force totals 20 standard orcs and a chieftain. The defenders include the characters and 12 adults, less any killed during the attack the previous night."

What is a skirmish? Does this involve simplified rules beyond a standard encounter in the SWEX rules? I don't see anything about running skirmishes. I see the info on mass battles, but nothing on skirmishes. If there are some rules out there that cover this, can someone point me to where I might grab them? I really don't want to run a combat with 32 NPCs... yikes.

2) There's a bug when collapsing a group. For example, say I add some villagers onto a PC in the combat tracker. I cannot collapse them by manually clicking that entry's group icon on the tracker. Sometimes it does nothing at all. Sometimes it gives a script error in the console.

3) I have some suggestions for improvement on the ruleset.

First, the char sheet. Over all, it's fine. One nice improvement would be to allow for Fighting/shooting skills on the Main page next to the weapon entries. It's a pain when rolling to switch to the Skills tab, make the roll and then go back to Main tab to roll weapon damage. I would suggest more or less what's done in the personality tab: everything essentially needed on one page. Yes, I know I can drag the skill into quick slot and all that. But still. It'd be nice.

Second, the combat tracker. It needs to be able to include ability to roll Fighting / Shooting skills and roll weapon / combat damages (you know -combat- stuff) when clicking the sword icon. Right now, I have to bring up the personality to get its fighting info / weapon damage etc.

I'm sure there's other oddities but I can't think of them right now. Over all a great ruleset.

4) Is there an updated ruleset for Savage Worlds that addresses these items?

Thanks in advance!

Foen
November 1st, 2008, 08:13
Hi Jingo

You might want to head over to Savage Worlds Online (https://savageworldsonline.net/) for SW questions. It is the official site for the SW ruleset and other stuff.

Foen