PDA

View Full Version : Some help with maps & minis

hunz
October 29th, 2008, 23:27
I have a about 900 mini's i edited as mosters to use with FG. When i drop them on a map and lock the scale the player tokens are so small you cant even see them. I used corel paint shop to make them 1 inch for medium creatures 2 inches for large 3 for huge and 4 for gargantuan. Thanks for any help as this is my first campaign i am doing as a dm and all the players are new to fg as well

unerwünscht
October 29th, 2008, 23:37
Would these by chance be the tokens from the WotC website?
If so Loz and I converted them to "Circular" tokens awhile back, and also made a new PC frame that would make the PC portrait tokens the same size.

hunz
October 30th, 2008, 05:19
Any advice on how to do that? Or is there a way to "force" the players circle to becoming a monster Token?

unerwünscht
October 30th, 2008, 05:48
Ummm... Actually, SmiteWorks gave us permission to alter the files in question, but I cant find that permission anywhere. If someone from SW could just post here real quick and say that it is ok for me to redistribute the resized image and mask, I can upload them asap. I could also redo them in any size anyone needs.

Griogre
October 30th, 2008, 21:22
Here's a link on how to change the size of the Player tokens: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7172 . However if you are using an inch square for medium - which would be about 72x72 on most monitors - they are not going to look that good because the biggest portrait size is 63x63 so you are going to be scaling up the player icons which will probably look bad.

You might consider lowering your medium size to 50 pixel squares which is a bit more standard for most. It you decide to go this route then you can use IrfanView (a free utility) to batch resize all your tokens automatically. Note: IrfanView doesn't do transparency so you will need another batch converter if your tokens have transparency.

hunz
October 31st, 2008, 03:41
There was a much easier fix. When you pull up the combat screen drag the mini the player wants drop it onto his token and when you place him on your map his token is the right scale. Silly me i saw xorn have the same problem in his how to video posted right here on this site. I guess when your a newb its hard to rember all the tricks. Thanks for all your suggestions and idea's though.

unerwünscht
October 31st, 2008, 06:15
I forgot all about that