PDA

View Full Version : Token Visibility and Mask

Darren
October 26th, 2008, 21:40
I am using FG2, with the latest updates, and my options for token visibility are only two: set always visible/invisible. The third, mask sensitive, is not shown as an option.

Any thoughts on why this is? Is this option available only when clients are connected, perhaps? :confused:

Griogre
October 27th, 2008, 07:43
First so we are on the same page you can't mask a drawing. IE on the scatch drawing I created or the party to keep stadard marching and watch orders there is not the option for mask.

On an map image that has a mask if you drop a PC on the mask he is not hidden (that was a complaint that you would have people move their characters and have them vanish because they ended up under the mask). Thus PCs now default to not hidden when placed on a masked image. Conversly Monster tokens are now always hidden if dropped on a mask. Given this I guess they got rid of the "use mask" option because of the opposite defaults for PCs and monsters.

Goblin-King
October 27th, 2008, 08:45
Also, the active state is not displayed in the menu. If a token is currently mask sensitive, you only get the "Set always visible" and "Set always invisible" options, and so on.

Darren
October 27th, 2008, 20:37
Thanks for your replies. Ok, so it seems if I play around a bit more I see the mask sensitive option if I set a token to one of the others, such as "set always invisible". Thanks!