PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am a newbie

Rathma
October 26th, 2008, 00:53
Hello everyone my name is Trent and I have just found this program and found it to be just what I am looking for. I have played RPG video games for 10 years and have finally gotten the urge to play the grandfather of them all. I live in a rural area and have been wanting to get into the game for the longest time but with no one around to play with I was out of luck.

What I am getting at is that I am looking for a group that is tolerant of green players willing to learn the ropes. I live in the Central time zone so that would be GMT -6. I can play any night (night starting at 6:00pm) except for Tuesday and Wednesday.

-Rathma

EugeneZ
October 26th, 2008, 01:20
You should probably mention what ruleset(s) you are willing to play. Welcome to FG2!

Rathma
October 26th, 2008, 01:22
Sorry, I guess D&D. Like I said don't really know anything about it. I want to play a game like D&D at least.

DarkWarder
October 26th, 2008, 02:39
Get yourself a copy of the Players Handbook 3.5, 4E or both. Read up on the core rules. Watch the forums and keep you eyes open for some One Shot games.

Rathma
October 26th, 2008, 02:45
I do have the 4e rulebook. Ill do what you said and study the rules. thanks for the advice.