PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.3.3)

Goblin-King
October 24th, 2008, 14:36
Version 2.3.3

Fixed a bug with client controlled window types (such as notes) that caused values being edited to reset when others closed shared windows.
The script callback fired when a client logs in was called before the client completed their login procedure, leading to possible problems for the actual callback script. The callback is now performed after the login process is completed.
The clients were only receiving data that they owned (i.e. had write access to) during login. They now receive all previously held data, such as previously shared sheets.

Goblin-King
October 24th, 2008, 14:45
The clients were only receiving data that they owned (i.e. had write access to) during login. They now receive all previously held data, such as previously shared sheets. I wanted to mention that this is, first of all, a bug fix, as the databasenode.getHolders function would report users who had reconnected as data holders, but the clients did not actually have the data. This would be undesirable for rulesets that take advantage of this functionality. Second, it allows some more advanced features to be implemented, such as a list of handouts the GM has shared during earlier sessions.

However, it may cause relatively large amounts of data to get transferred on login, especially if the clients delete their cache files for some reason. The effect should not be that significant in practice, but we would like to keep our eyes open in case anyone has problems with longer delays than usual at login.

It is possible to add functionality to rulesets that better manages the availability of held data to players. Compare this to taking away a handout that you've given out as a GM around a traditional gaming table. We did not want to hold back on the bug fix, even though there wasn't a chance for us to implement such functionality into the d20 ruleset at this time. This fact is also good to remember for authors of rulesets that rely on data holder status for some advanced functionality.

DarkWiz58
October 24th, 2008, 16:08
Thanks much for taking care of this so quickly!!

This new release helps with the (pre-buffering of images == disconnects) problem too, doesn't it? ... I hope :)

-Alex /DarkWiz58