PDA

View Full Version : Copying Masks to Modules

edwolfe
October 24th, 2008, 00:56
Is it possible to copy masks when you export a campaign to a module? I've created a campaign and have preset the masks for all of the maps the way that I want them to appear initially, but when I export the module and enter the "mask" mode in the module, the preset masks do not appear.

Similar question ... can you also preset tokens from encounters onto the map. For example, if I create "Encounter 1" and drag those tokens onto the map in the campaign, can I preserve those tokens on the mape when I export the campaign to a module?

Griogre
October 24th, 2008, 02:51
Masks and other map information, in theory, are supposed to be kept by the campaign actually running the module. So theoretically you could do this - however this feature is currently broken. Masks and other image information (like token positions) are "lost."

There is a work around, though. What I do is copy player module maps into my main campaign because masks are not lost on images in the current campaign. This means you will double up on some maps but usually you don't have many maps in a module and when I finish a module I just delete the map out of the main campaign. I also only put maps in the main campaign I *know* the players will spend several sessions on.